Gaming Zelda BOTW DLC Pack 1 - Midnight Release?

JohnnyJohns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Motron9000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought i'd throw in my experience with installing the DLC #1. I had the Season Pass from Wii U helper installed (900MB) and I've been updating through the WiiU.

When I fired up BotW today it installed the 1.3 update and when it loaded it said something to the effect of

"You paid for the DLC but you havent't downloaded the content...launch eShop now?"

I launched the eShop and when I went to the purchase screen I got, "This DLC installed from disc, would you still like to purchase".

I clicked no, and closed out of BotW. When I paunched again from the WiiU menu it automatically downloaded the DLC and installed it.

Good to go.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought i'd throw in my experience with installing the DLC #1. I had the Season Pass from Wii U helper installed (900MB) and I've been updating through the WiiU.

When I fired up BotW today it installed the 1.3 update and when it loaded it said something to the effect of

"You paid for the DLC but you havent't downloaded the content...launch eShop now?"

I launched the eShop and when I went to the purchase screen I got, "This DLC installed from disc, would you still like to purchase".

I clicked no, and closed out of BotW. When I paunched again from the WiiU menu it automatically downloaded the DLC and installed it.

Good to go.
Nice! I will probably do the same. But I'm not updating until PandaOnSmack updates his BOTW trainer. No way in hell I'm going through all those rooms in the DLC without cheats, or at least a few of my weapons. Lol.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone help? I downloaded the DLC from my Wii U, and it says its 900MB+ in system settings. However, when I start the game up, the DLC doesn't load. I can tell because the book for the Travel Medallion is not there. Version is already 1.3.0.

Motron9000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help? I downloaded the DLC from my Wii U, and it says its 900MB+ in system settings. However, when I start the game up, the DLC doesn't load. I can tell because the book for the Travel Medallion is not there. Version is already 1.3.0.

Read my post above yours...

Let us know if it doesnt work.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded my DLC from the Wii U... I already had the prompt to download the DLC and has already been installed. My issue is that despite it being installed, it doesn't work in the game.
The DLC only activates the DLC, I think the 1.3 (v97) update has the DLC content. Did you update BOTW to the 1.3/v97 update?

Download both the DLC and the Update from USB Helper, then install them with WUP Installer, just make sure your running CFW before you try to install the DLC.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DLC only activates the DLC, I think the 1.3 (v97) update has the DLC content. Did you update BOTW to the 1.3/v97 update?

Download both the DLC and the Update from USB Helper, then install them with WUP Installer, just make sure your running CFW before you try to install the DLC.
Ok, If I delete my existing 900MB downloadable content in system settings (downloaded from the Wii U) and install the USB helper version through WUP installer, will I lose the Switch t-shirt in my inventory or did it permanently save itself to the save file once I found it?

Last edited by HaloEffect17,

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, If I delete my existing 900MB downloadable content in system settings (downloaded from the Wii U) and install the USB helper version through WUP installer, will I lose the Switch t-shirt in my inventory or did it permanently save itself to the save file once I found it?
First, Did you update BOTW to the latest update? It's update 1.3 I believe. If you already have 900MB DLC installed, then you probably just need to download and install the 2.4GB update.

Mat37

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you won't lose the NS shirt, it's written in your save. And USB Helper will download extension pass too.
In case you lose it, you can just edit your save to get it back

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Badziew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

It was a weird process overall.
I had BOTW already installed, and I have overwritten earlier update with latest one.
On 1st launch game complained that DLC is not in the latest version and told me to go to eshop.
It took me to purchase page for the DLC, I have canceled, but then console downloaded some addon for BOTW.
Addon got installed on next game launch. Since then the DLC is working.

Reactions: bomigoton

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a weird process overall.
I had BOTW already installed, and I have overwritten earlier update with latest one.
On 1st launch game complained that DLC is not in the latest version and told me to go to eshop.
It took me to purchase page for the DLC, I have canceled, but then console downloaded some addon for BOTW.
Addon got installed on next game launch. Since then the DLC is working.
Ohh ok, yeah the DLC probably needed to update to DLC v2.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol