Gaming Zelda BOFTW Thread.

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is just a general thread on Zelda.

I was watching a few game play videos.
Here is a nice one

And so much has change from the normal Zelda game.
Weapons seem to break (kinda like fallout if you play that)
Link has much better controls (jumping ,running, crouching and climbing)
Food seems to be a big part of the game. It seems to be alot about not dying from the world.

Overall seems great.
The things that done seem that good to me is the AI. While they mindless, they just seems like they could be a bit harder or smarter.

I just hope it has a good story and doesnt rely on getting lost in the world to much.

What are your thoughts about it?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costco.com is carrying BotW-Switch for $50 + 1.99 shipping. Probably won't ship until the 3rd but if you don't have access to any other discounts at BB or Amazon but if someone you know has a membership you can save a few bucks. I have had stuff shipped directly to friends and family many times.

I have also used the Costco price to price match at BB before. Locally they are across the street. Costco.com usually carries only new releases for 3DS and Wii U.

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more i look at game play videos. The more the world reminds me of far cry primal.
Which i like that game but the story was a bit all over the place depending on the mission you did and the order.

i hope Zelda isnt like that. This open world game play is new to them . I hope they nail it.

Reactions: THATISRIGHT

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI: GS is now offering 50% bonus trade credit for games and accessories traded in if applied to Switch games and accessories. 60% for PUP members.

I have a ton of stuff on eBay right now and calculated some of the more top tier games I would do better at GS than eBay with all the fees and mailers. Can put the credit toward my pro controller or two and maybe BotW and get the poster they are offering.

The 60% doesn't help much on the games that fetch $5-10 at GS normally but when they are $15-$25 it gives it a good boost. MK8/Smash/Mario Maker types seem to be the ones to use this for.

So as not to be a jerk I only cancelled a couple of listings that didn't already have bids.

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_20170215_150536.jpg I would but GS rips you off to much. I check the price for Zelda BOTW (they only had price for the wii u) but it was like $22/$25 powerup.
So if you add in a 50% that would be $37.5 at most.

I plan to sell my extra copy of BOTW on the switch copy for $60 on ebay with a 3d printed sword.
But i will see if it sells, im not listing it until i have it in my hands.
If it doesnt sell on ebay then i guess ill check out GS and probably preorder Mario or splatoon.

Last edited by xile6,

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 78469 I would but GS rips you off to much. I check the price for Zelda BOTW (they only had price for the wii u) but it was like $22/$25 powerup.
So if you add in a 50% that would be $37.5 at most.

I plan to sell my extra copy of BOTW on the switch copy for $60 on ebay with a 3d printed sword.
But i will see if it sells, im not listing it until i have it in my hands.
If it doesnt sell on ebay then i guess ill check out GS and probably preorder Mario or splatoon.
Wut? Trading in BotW? WTF? It's not even released. I don't understand your post. Why would you even have an extra copy?

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wut? Trading in BotW? WTF? It's not even released. I don't understand your post. Why would you even have an extra copy?
lol.
Long story short. I preorder from GS website. As i was trying to preorder they where selling out. Couldnt get the basic system so i got the GS starter bundle.
Comes with Grey switch, screen protector, Zelda, 1-2 switch and has been hero.
Then i got the Zelda collector edition (missed out on the master sword :( ), but this one comes with the case and everything but the sword.
So i printed my own sword with my 3d printer and like it. So ended up printing out another in color. So throwing this one in with my ebay sell.
No need for 2 games or 2 3d prints. so yea.

Last edited by xile6,
Reactions: thorasgar

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw a video with a maul carring a bag of stuff walking slightly behind a twilight dressed link. So apparently there will be a carry limit or slot limit and you can use the carry maul to carry the left overs.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i dont understand is, how can there be that much gameplay video of botw, i mean, how did all these guy get their hand on the game

News networks, magazines and online media often get free alpha, beta or even finish copies of products. It helps promote the items in question. Video games are no different.

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was checking game stop website in wow.
Zelda is sold out.

I wonder if its just very high deman or low stock.

The wii u ver is stil up for buy.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was checking game stop website in wow.
Zelda is sold out.

I wonder if its just very high deman or low stock.

The wii u ver is stil up for buy.
I just left my local GS trading in games for the 60% bonus and pre-ordered BotW. Must just be sold out online. They will probably rebalance stock and have it back up for sale shortly.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preordered the guide. Idk why. I been getting guides super cheaper lately, but barely using them. Mostly use them for the map layouts and next to nothing else. I'll probably spend weeks exploring without opening it once

xile6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preordered the guide. Idk why. I been getting guides super cheaper lately, but barely using them. Mostly use them for the map layouts and next to nothing else. I'll probably spend weeks exploring without opening it once
Theres a guide?
Lol i havent used guides since before the internet lol..... no really the last guide i got was oot on the 64.

I would pick it up but i think it would be netter for me to get an amiibo vs the guide i more or less wont use.
I do wonder whats in it tho

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was reading today that we get a Dutch version off BOFTW...
Only the text is in Dutch, but I like to play my games in English.
If there is no English option in menu, then I will import the game from the UK.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr