Hacking Zelda 4 Swords and Gateway

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish I could try this method out but apparently emuNAND Tool doesn't run on my computer for some reason. I am trying to see if I can replicate the red guide using win32diskimager instead. If it works, I'll post what I did differently.

it never works for me either, 3 PCs in this house.

Maybe it doesnt work on SDHC cards.

PedroDJavier

Trophies
XP
Country
So does anybody actually understand why this works and why it may be region specific?

Yes, emunand and real nand have the same keys and the same folders name (in sd SD:\Nintendo3ds\823fhy8d2dh7u8dh73 for example )

Downloaded titles in emunand can be recognized by real nand but only the sdk 4.5 and lower. Dsi titles uses 1.0 sdk and by this reason they can be watched and trasnfered from sd to real nand.

Usa 3ds have a new encription that makes real nand don´t recognise this new encription.

Thats all

Lunai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the US 3DS does recognize the game on the SD card if you moved it there.
It just won't let you copy it over, probably by new encryption.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for the record, 4 Swords still doesn't work on Omega 2.1. Not that I was holding my breath.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't supposed to it's a DSiWare game.

I didn't go in thinking it was supposed to, just no one had mentioned in the thread whether it worked on Omega or not, so I though I should mention it doesn' t in case anyone came looking for that info, that's all. :)

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how did you download it? through the real nand or emunand? (does it appear in sysnand after downloaded it emunand?)

I downloaded it the first time it was offered for free a while back, long before the Gateway cart was available. So yes, I have it on the real nand which has 4.1 firmware installed.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I downloaded it the first time it was offered for free a while back, long before the Gateway cart was available. So yes, I have it on the real nand which has 4.1 firmware installed.
It only works on 4.x if it was downloaded On 4.x if you download it on emunand it will not work in system nand

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once formatted, enter emunand again and it will make you set the date, time, username etc. You can safely set an internet connection since your emunand is now separated from the realnand, so the settings won't be "copied" to realnand as it used to happen before (edit: actually, this still must be confirmed).
This might be a little late but, I can confirm that the two NANDs are unlinked completely with this guide. You can safely downgrade EmuNAND from this point :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte