Gaming Zelda 3DS: Bugs, Shortcuts and unintended Gameplay

Öhr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I spend the last few days discovering new bugs in the, apparently also bug enhanced, Ocarina of 3Dness.
While they fixed some bugs, such as the unlimited skulltula bug, they added quite many new bugs. I have covered roughly 5 bugs or so in my 3 videos. Probably even more...

Below the Ice, Any Item on Epona, Swordless Link

Any Item Anywhere and Free Camera

Getting Epona without Epona

Beside the bugs covered in those videos, I also noticed, that, if you safe a game as adult link and start a new game, you'll get either Kokiri's Sword or the Master Sword from the start. Saving with the MS gets you the kokiri sword, and giant's knife/biggoron's knife gets you the mastersword.
Also, you can enter as adult link all 3 temple you visit as a child (jabu jabu, deku tree and obviously dodongos cavern). I'll be making another video about that soon. Might be partially covered on youtube or somewhere else?

Either way, did you discover a (new) bug as well?

Reactions: 4 people

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Didn't discover any new bugs, but I had the third one as well.

I got too far behind in the race, so I tried jumping over one of the outside fences before the race ended. The result was I crashed into the fence, but when I went to the finish line, I won :lol:

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try to use farore's Wind in castle town with adult link :P

You need any pair of boots, when you switch items(Instead of boots) you need to press that button you attend the thing to very fast after switching and you will receive a cool effect.

Öhr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try to use farore's Wind in castle town with adult link :P

You need any pair of boots, when you switch items(Instead of boots) you need to press that button you attend the thing to very fast after switching and you will receive a cool effect.
no boots required. just a item that can be used there like a bottle. also its covered in my second video

EDIT: also you can get as many hearts as you like. grave digging can get you a heart piece every time. just keep on digging. additional hearts are show on the bottom screen in the top left corner, first shown as a pulsing round shadow, then as a round stone. dunno if it changes afterwards again

EDIT: Heart 3 is the letter B (like the one thats next to you sword). i guess it cycling through all the textures there are. i wont bother anymore. probably.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are VERY late to the party, you do know that right?

http://www.youtube.com/user/seaking177 (mine :D)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Kazooie ( tons of glitches for alot of games)
http://www.youtube.com/user/CloudMNintendo (mostly zelda glitches)

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have to admit, I'm kind of bemused that several of the original glitches still exist from the N64 Version in this one. It's like they purposely flawed the new engine it runs on to implement them or something.

They are using a new engine for the 3DS port, right? Thats what I've heard and read. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Good to see there are some new ones though.

Öhr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have to admit, I'm kind of bemused that several of the original glitches still exist from the N64 Version in this one. It's like they purposely flawed the new engine it runs on to implement them or something.

They are using a new engine for the 3DS port, right? Thats what I've heard and read. Correct me if I'm wrong.

most of the stuff is probably taken from the original game, such as partially the controls, text and probably every event and cutscene. the graphic engine was probably the only part that got properly overhauled.beside that, physics and animation of everything else stayed the same.

wikipedia:
According to Grezzo's Shun Moriya, some of the original game's bugs were intentionally left in the 3DS version, because they were so committed to deliver Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time to 3DS just the way fans remembered. "As programmers, we wanted to get rid of bugs, but the staff members who had played the old game said the bugs were fun. It wouldn't be fun if your friends couldn't say, 'Do you know about this?' So we left them in if they didn't cause any trouble and were beneficial. If something simply could not be allowed to stand, we begrudgingly fixed it, so some bugs don't appear. But we left in as many as we could, so people will grin over that," explained Moriyama.

TEQu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

most of the stuff is probably taken from the original game, such as partially the controls, text and probably every event and cutscene. the graphic engine was probably the only part that got properly overhauled.beside that, physics and animation of everything else stayed the same.

wikipedia:
According to Grezzo's Shun Moriya, some of the original game's bugs were intentionally left in the 3DS version, because they were so committed to deliver Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time to 3DS just the way fans remembered. "As programmers, we wanted to get rid of bugs, but the staff members who had played the old game said the bugs were fun. It wouldn't be fun if your friends couldn't say, 'Do you know about this?' So we left them in if they didn't cause any trouble and were beneficial. If something simply could not be allowed to stand, we begrudgingly fixed it, so some bugs don't appear. But we left in as many as we could, so people will grin over that," explained Moriyama.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but if that's true about leaving the bugs in then I'm actually happy that they went in that direction. OoT is one of my favorite games and I loved playing through OoT3D, which was my 13th time including N64 and GC, although I didn't get a chance to go through MQ again =/

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a little interesting thing, not really a glitch per-say. The door way to links house if you face his back too it, you press L for the camera zoon and its the only door way that makes the camera spin if you keep pressing.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

I though this game was just a port of the original with better graphics. Makes sense why some of the old glitches still remain. I guess new ones happened cuz of fixing old ones

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
According to an Iwata asks. http://iwataasks.nin...ina-of-time/3/0 they intentionally left some of the old ones in as they were part of the experience.

Moriya:
We sped up revealing it and had Ikuta-san and others try out parts of it. We would ask how it differed from what they had imagined, and then we would fix it. One conflict arose when, as programmers, we wanted to get rid of bugs. But the staff members who had played the old game said the bugs were fun! We were like, "What?!" (laughs)
Iwata:
Yes, that is an area of conflict.
Moriya:
It wouldn't be fun if your friends couldn't say, "Do you know about this?" So we left them in if they didn't cause any trouble and were beneficial.
Iwata:
So you implemented them as you would specs, rather than treating them like bugs. It took some work and you had to go out of your way, but you preserved the spirit of the original.
Moriya:
Yes. If something simply could not be allowed to stand, we begrudgingly fixed it, so some bugs don't appear, but we left in as many as we could, so people will grin over that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs