WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

After a private beta held in September, Konami, one of the world's most popular companies, has announced that the free-to-play game (with in-app-purchases) Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Links will be released this Winter for iOS and Android. The game seems to take a slightly different approach to the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG than other mobile and console releases. First, there are only about 700 cards available. It's not clear at this time if new cards will be added. Apparently, for every monster card there is a 3D model designed (which perhaps explains the small pool of cards). Furthermore, the game is exclusively played in portrait mode, which means that the whole battlefield will not be visible on the screen. Players will be able to see a portion of the battlefield and swipe the screen to control the camera angle. Last but not least, the game is dubbed with apparently is the official US voice cast from the Anime. Check out the official game website for more info and pics.

Official Konami Announement said:
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced it will be releasing Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links, bringing the popular trading card game (TCG) to life on iOS and Android devices coming this Winter. Duelists will kindle the spirit of Yami Yugi, Seto Kaiba and other beloved characters from the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise in competitive card battle action.

In Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links, Duelists will construct the ultimate Deck by choosing from more than 700 authentic Yu-Gi-Oh! cards to play in fast-paced, real-time PvP Duels. The essence of Yu-Gi-Oh! is re-imagined for mobile as players can battle Duelists from all over the world by Summoning monsters, Traps and Spells in an effort to reduce their opponent’s life points toward victory.

KONAMI heightens the Yu-Gi-Oh! experience in Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links by including familiar voices from the U.S. animated series, as they guide and challenge Duelists in single player modes. As Duelists encounter new challenges, they will unlock additional characters and relive significant rivalries from the original TV series.

:arrow:Source: Konami Website, Official Game Website

Reactions: VMM

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I completly forgot about the release. I downloaded it today and it appears to be a tribute to the good old days. I recommend to give it a try.
How much is it? Are there in app purchases?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free