Translation Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 - Translation Project

James Zhao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@omarrrio, would you be able to release a new version of the patch that fixes the upper case issue? It's a huge pain in the ass to turn all the files into lower case manually since I have no idea which other files outside of the voice acting that need to be lower case as well =/

Last edited by James Zhao,

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@omarrrio, would you be able to release a new version of the patch that fixes the upper case issue? It's a huge pain in the ass to turn all the files into lower case manually since I have no idea which other files outside of the voice acting that need to be lower case as well =/
I can say there are at least 521423534 ways to solve this problem in a few minutes. Command prompt, bash, UMDGen import/export capabilities, many apps dedicated to automation/batch process... And so on...

But don't worry, omarrrio will solve this.

Reactions: James Zhao

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
there are at least 521423534 ways to solve this problem
Nah. There're only 84013237 ways. You're exaggerating. :lol:

Back on topic, this is the first time a screwup happened when the XenoTrans team released a patch, so please, no witch hunting on omarrrio for this. It was bound to happen sooner or later, considering how much work has gone into the translation so far.

Now a question for omarrrio: can you PM me a tool to edit character names and stuff? I want to have the 4Kids names instead of the Jap names (no harsh comments about this. It's only becuase I play other Yu-Gi-Oh! games that are already in English, and it gets confusing sometimes), but editing the .ehp files manually is too tedious. I already tried that once, and am not too eager to attempt it again. Can you help me out?

Hargrun

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nah. There're only 84013237 ways. You're exaggerating. :lol:

Back on topic, this is the first time a screwup happened when the XenoTrans team released a patch [...]
No, this isn't the first time (the word "screw" and your request WEIRDLY match exactly with one of those). And I don't got the joke. D:

But yeah. I don't see why omarrrio should be hunted anyway. This isn't a Kickstarter or any similar sheet.

nalcwap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, this isn't the first time (the word "screw" and your request WEIRDLY match exactly with one of those). And I don't got the joke. D:

But yeah. I don't see why omarrrio should be hunted anyway. This isn't a Kickstarter or any similar sheet.
How change correct names equal?(not manual one by one)

Hargrun

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I mean to work the sound voice(in patch english tag force speciak) i have to rename but not know a good program to this for fast compare and rename equal to correct )
Oh, that.

Well, you can simply extract the original ISO files. Use these to replace the current ISO files also using the UMDGen, BUT avoiding the translated files (that are very few). The rest (the translated ones) can be renamed manually using the original ones as example.

This should take 3~5 minutes.

Last edited by Hargrun,
Reactions: nalcwap

nalcwap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, that.

Well, you can simply extract the original ISO files. Use these to replace the current ISO files also using the UMDGen, BUT avoiding the translated files (that are very few). The rest (the translated ones) can be renamed manually using the original ones as example.

This should take 3~5 minutes.
But i not know what the translate or not

jms209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is this game just like the others story mode wise?
I don't really mind not knowing what the characters are saying.
I like just earning BP, buying packs, and making deck better in story mode.
Will I at least be able to search deck?

It looks to have the basic dueling text translated.

nalcwap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So is this game just like the others story mode wise?
I don't really mind not knowing what the characters are saying.
I like just earning BP, buying packs, and making deck better in story mode.
Will I at least be able to search deck?

It looks to have the basic dueling text translated.
Yes not story;and yes you can search cards and understand them

ShiftyMasty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo I'm playing TF6 on my PSP, and I believe I've encountered some sort of bug
When doing Leo's first heart mission, after winning the duel more talk and eventually jack shows up and after a couple sentences his text box becomes blank. advancing it makes the sound but nothing happens. And this happens every time I try from my save made the day before (not savestate)
I skimmed the thread and didn't see this here.
Also here's a photo
http://i.imgur.com/DzCEzT7.jpg

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Maq47,
Reactions: Pablitox

longxa762

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What happended to Xeno Translation? Did they shut down, I used to check there as they seem to have the most up to date translation for yu-gi-oh

New_York_Rebel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i really appreciate all the hard work and time that has gone into Tag Force 6 and Arc-V. You guys have done and an amazing job and as a big fan of the series, I'm glad they have been done some justice. I do however have just one question regarding the new link to the story script for Arc-V. How you do exactly put the new script in the iso? I have the TFSP_0.42.iso...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: