Translation Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tag Force 6 - Translation Project

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, then. I'll do my best to help you guys.

Okay, so it took me a little while longer to make the video than I thought. I sent you the stuff you need
to your email, but I'm not sure if the video will be up tonight or tomorrow morning. Depending on how long it takes to
render it in Sony Vegas and upload it to Youtube. I wanted to make sure it was perfect so you understand everything that's
going on. I will send you the link to the video as soon as I can.

Matheus Porto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, so it took me a little while longer to make the video than I thought. I sent you the stuff you need
to your email, but I'm not sure if the video will be up tonight or tomorrow morning. Depending on how long it takes to
render it in Sony Vegas and upload it to Youtube. I wanted to make sure it was perfect so you understand everything that's
going on. I will send you the link to the video as soon as I can.

okay, I'll wait the instructions to start working.

Matheus Porto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Message me after you've watched it, just so that way I know you've seen it. But otherwise, you're free to do what you can with everything you have.

hey, sorry man, but I can't see the full video, when it reaches the 2 minutes there appear an error message... I'll try to see it again later, it may be a problem with my internet, if the probblem remains I'll warn you. But still thanks for taking the time to make this video, and you said my right my name! XD

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, sorry man, but I can't see the full video, when it reaches the 2 minutes there appear an error message... I'll try to see it again later, it may be a problem with my internet, if the probblem remains I'll warn you. But still thanks for taking the time to make this video, and you said my right my name! XD

I just watched it to see if it was the video, and I didn't seem to have any problems, so it might just be your connection at the time you were watching it.
Let me know when you try watching it again, if it works for you. If not then I can send you the video directly to the email you gave me.

Matheus Porto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just watched it to see if it was the video, and I didn't seem to have any problems, so it might just be your connection at the time you were watching it.
Let me know when you try watching it again, if it works for you. If not then I can send you the video directly to the email you gave me.

yeah, I tried watching it again, and the problem didn't stop... Could you send it to my mail? Maybe this way it works.

Matheus Porto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Took like 3 hrs, but the video got sent to your email.
For me it took like 3 hours to download, but thats ok... at the end I could watch it. From what I understood, ou already know the translated texts up to line 372, and wants more help starting from line 373, right? and one more thing I want to know, how will we know what have each other made till the moment? Like, how will I know wich line you're now, and you, wich one I'm on?

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it took like 3 hours to download, but thats ok... at the end I could watch it. From what I understood, ou already know the translated texts up to line 372, and wants more help starting from line 373, right? and one more thing I want to know, how will we know what have each other made till the moment? Like, how will I know wich line you're now, and you, wich one I'm on?

That's a good question but I already thought of the solution for that one.

So I wanted you and your buddies to continue with lines 373 and go further. All of the strings of text up until like 10,000 deal with the story mode plot for the duelists in the game.
That's all I want you guys to work on. I'll be working on the dialogue that the duelists say whenever you walk up to them and talk to them about stuff, duel with them, and the other NON-STORY PLOT
related text strings. Which seems to start around line 30,000.

So don't worry, our progress in the translation won't overlap, so we won't be wasting anytime. Also the point of checking in every week or so is to see how much you've gotten and then I can combine your work with mine. And just keep doing that until the project is done.

Matheus Porto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's a good question but I already thought of the solution for that one.

So I wanted you and your buddies to continue with lines 373 and go further. All of the strings of text up until like 10,000 deal with the story mode plot for the duelists in the game.
That's all I want you guys to work on. I'll be working on the dialogue that the duelists say whenever you walk up to them and talk to them about stuff, duel with them, and the other NON-STORY PLOT
related text strings. Which seems to start around line 30,000.

So don't worry, our progress in the translation won't overlap, so we won't be wasting anytime. Also the point of checking in every week or so is to see how much you've gotten and then I can combine your work with mine. And just keep doing that until the project is done.

ok, let me see if I got it right, me and my friends are will be working from line 373 to line 10.000? and the rest is with u? And, if it is, i'm gonna say, I am able to work at this only at nights, because I'm at school all day long, I only arrive at home about 22:00, but at this time me and my friends can team up at skype and translate what we know.. is that ok?

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, let me see if I got it right, me and my friends are will be working from line 373 to line 10.000? and the rest is with u? And, if it is, i'm gonna say, I am able to work at this only at nights, because I'm at school all day long, I only arrive at home about 22:00, but at this time me and my friends can team up at skype and translate what we know.. is that ok?

That's completely fine, and yeah, that's pretty much the plan. I've got some friends at my college that are going to try to help me out with getting this all done as well. Let me know if you have
any more questions.

Matheus Porto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's completely fine, and yeah, that's pretty much the plan. I've got some friends at my college that are going to try to help me out with getting this all done as well. Let me know if you have
any more questions.
that's excellent! and sorry for to be bothering you and all, but those doubts don't get out of my mind: When we finish, the game sounds will still be there? like when we're dueling, the other duelists voices will still be there? and, how will we manage to get my lines, with your lines together at the end? those doubts appeard right after I read your answer..

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's excellent! and sorry for to be bothering you and all, but those doubts don't get out of my mind: When we finish, the game sounds will still be there? like when we're dueling, the other duelists voices will still be there? and, how will we manage to get my lines, with your lines together at the end? those doubts appeard right after I read your answer..

Yeah the duelists speaking in-duel and all the other game sounds/sound effects will not be tampered with. In a couple of days I'm going to post another example vid of the progress that has been made so far and I'll include a duel against someone to show the sound effects.

For your question about combining the text strings, I've had this planned for weeks. I forgot to include it in the video, but in the Tag Force story editor .exe there is a tab that says "File" --> Save.
Well, next to that there is a tab that says "Edit", after you're done inputing your translations of the japanese, you'll save each time. When I ask for the progress that you've made "every week or so"
you'll go to "Edit" click export, and the program will "export" your translated strings as a .txt file. I'll then take your translations and "import" your work into the version I have. Thus combining all of the
english strands of text together.

It'll work don't worry.

DunnoBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Glad to see some action and reliable looking faces chatting it up in here!

Good luck you guys! I'll gladly send some complimentary Yu-Gi-Oh! cards from my shop to those who chose to work on it, when it's completed :)

omarrrio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
I updated the screen shots with newer ones, the biggest change would be the Logo, i still haven't got anything from our story translators to screenshot.

Reactions: Hargrun

Screw_the_Rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the screen shots with newer ones, the biggest change would be the Logo, i still haven't got anything from our story translators to screenshot.

What do you want a screenshot of? I was just going to wait until I can completely translate one duelist's in-duel text and out-of-duel text (me talking to him and challenging him to a duel) and debut a promo video of me dueling against him and also show off the translated prologue and edited intro in the same video.

Reactions: omarrrio

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU