Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm not for donating to shit, so I still don't see the point.
It's not donating. It makes sense and is an optional service that is there to support your favorite Channel. As said before, it sounds like twitch subscriptions. It won't interrupt your service if you choose to not opt in. It just keeps the same ads. Now, if Google becomes more obtrusive with their ads? Then yeah, I see an issue.

Hopefully, pricing won't be an issue. Google already makes a killing on the traffic and what have you. Me? I won't do it. Not until I see a benefit to me. I already pay for things like Cable and Netflix. YouTube isn't a daily thing for me.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like Google finally discovered adblockers and this is how they retaliate? Lol

More like Google discovered how popular Twitch subbing is.
Also Google isn't stupid enough to circumvent AdBlock and alienate 20% of it's (most internet-aware) users.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More like Google discovered how popular Twitch subbing is.
Also Google isn't stupid enough to circumvent AdBlock and alienate 20% of it's (most internet-aware) users.
Only thing how many people wjo use adblock would totally stop watching or watchong less YouTube over the current normal adds

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Only thing how many people wjo use adblock would totally stop watching or watchong less YouTube over the current normal adds

Since I installed adblock, I was surprized it was possible to watch youtube videos withouts invasive ads in fullscreen mode :gba:

Reactions: Nightwish

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a terrible idea. I mean I understand there being ads on youtube to help cover costs to both content creators AND Google, but offering an ad free subscription option they're defeating the entire purpose of youtube, that fact that its free. I disapprove. I strongly oppose when any website charges money to remove ads, you either have the ads, or you don't, end of story. If you want to make steady revenue (assuming you have a lot of hits/views) ads will get you there. If you'd rather rely on donations or a combination of both, but "selling" free content that anybody else can access by just putting up with ads and paying 0, is bogus.

This is only going to tick people off, I refuse to pay for free content, sorry, I just do. I wouldn't mind donating to some youtubers and what not, but subscription, no thanks. I'll stick with the ad based version.

Also how many more people are now going to resort to ad blocking software just as a protest to this subscription model? Lots of people are going to be unhappy and will turn around and download adblock and its various knockoff's/spinoff's just to "stick it to Google" which means 0 revenue generated from those users for Google OR the content creators.

Way to "shoot yourself in the foot" google.......

Reactions: chartube12

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great idea. There's a few youtubers i'd be happy to support, but I can't stand ads and i'm not much into Twitch.

Also love all the ignorant retards as usual flocking to this thread.
Kids, everyone has adblock. You're not a special little butterfly for using it, you're not a pro hacker or super tech savvy. Though you may just be a special little snowflake.
This isn't an option for people who want to avoid ads, this is an option for people who want to support content creators without needing to suffer through ads to do it. It's not a difficult concept to comprehend, try smashing your last two braincells together to spark up some intelligent thought for once.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they wanted to get paid, they would place their videos on a service that shares ad revenue when people view the video.

Yeah but most of them dont get the amount of users YT has, although other videos sites make money especially if its a hot lady with no clothes

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [louder cricket sounds]