Gaming Your thoughts on odyssey

• Thread starter rwn
  • Start date
  • Views 15,190
  • Replies 189
  • Likes 7

On a scale from one (low) to ten (high) how good is this game?

Votes: 6 3.1%

Votes: 2 1.0%

Votes: 3 1.6%

Votes: 5 2.6%

Votes: 12 6.3%

Votes: 24 12.5%

Votes: 48 25.0%

Votes: 88 45.8%

• Total voters

gamer123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never played Galaxy and Galaxy 2 but am finishing Sunshine right now. I decided that when I get through G1 and G2, I will get the switch for odyssey as a reward.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
I absolutely LOVE the game...

BUT

All these jump rope, volleyball etc are sooo annoying, I don't find them the least fun.
I honestly believe that the game would have been better without that crap.

Sent from my F8331 via Tapatalk

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it's been many years since age of Mario galaxy 1/2, that i coundn't find anyones which is as colourful and pleasant like Odyssey.

People who don't want to update for this game are idiots.

Last edited by leon315,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
it's been many years since age of Mario galaxy 1/2, that i coundn't find anyones which is as colourful and pleasant like Odyssey.

And who are you to call people idiots ? Don't come crying when something releases okay ;)

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They're really not missing anything special imo. To me this is easily the worst main 3D Mario game (true 3D like 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, etc) besides 3D Land and 3D World. In fact I'm sure that if this wasn't a Mario game it wouldn't get anywhere near as much praise.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
And who are you to call people idiots ? Don't come crying when something releases okay ;)
U mean switch hack? I've an ultimate machine which runs everything including all universal emulators and pirating all games....

Nha I don't care... So don't worry, I won't cry if they release anything about switch hacks

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All these jump rope, volleyball etc are sooo annoying, I don't find them the least fun.
I honestly believe that the game would have been better without that crap.
Kind of yes.
I don't really find them annoying, but they are not much fun either. They seem out of place.
I guess you can just do them once to get the corresponding moon and ignore them afterwards.

gamer123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've never played Galaxy 1 and 2?
Your in for a real treat :)
They are both awesome..
I just finished corona mountain in sunshine. Finished all levels but not gotten all the hidden shines in the worlds. Im at like 67 out of 92 I think but time to move on to the next!!!

Reactions: ploggy

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
God damn masterpiece.

I can understand the people in this topic that say Cappy underwhelms/ruins the game and I was turned off initially from how things were going with it.

But then it turns into something amazing once you get to know the advanced movement involving Cappy, and the result of the places you can reach without any other means but your own momentum and precise timing is such a playoff.

Gotta say, in Mario games, when you get to performing moves the likes of which speed runners use constantly, it feels awesome to do things early or skip sections. Like a sort of fun self-challenge that more than makes up for any sort of hindrance originally thought (Cappy, FLUDD, shaking the Wii remote to spin Mario).

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Absolute masterpiece. A fantastic successor to Mario 64. Yes, the main part of the game is extremely easy, but this is intentional. Get off the beaten track, and the game will surprise and delight you. Beat the game, and the post-game itself is a LOT more challenging. Those saying it's too easy, wait until the post game, and prepare to be humbled. Also, for those not aware, you only get the 'true' ending after collecting 500 moons. I've only reached 400, but every time I pick up the game to play, I'm discovering something new. Give it a chance.

Reactions: Jonna
D

Deleted User

I like to have 2 of every console for backup and 1.0s are already rare

Sent from my toaster running Rebug
lol. Yeah me too. Though at first i bought a second switch for Odyseey. I saw that it was on 2.3 and decided not to update and keep it for homebrew. So maybe i will by a third Switch then?:P

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They're really not missing anything special imo. To me this is easily the worst main 3D Mario game (true 3D like 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, etc) besides 3D Land and 3D World. In fact I'm sure that if this wasn't a Mario game it wouldn't get anywhere near as much praise.
If it wasn't a Mario game it wouldn't be near as good, so you're right, it wouldn't be praised nearly as much either. If Sony was an anteater they'd like ants. Not sure what the point in hypotheticals is.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it wasn't a Mario game it wouldn't be near as good, so you're right, it wouldn't be praised nearly as much either. If Sony was an anteater they'd like ants. Not sure what the point in hypotheticals is.
The character and series has no effect on the quality of the actual game though. I think is being praised so much despite it's flaws simply because it's a Mario game, not because of the actual quality of the game. If this game featured some hated series or character I guarantee you it wouldn't be getting 10/10 across the board and people would actually be talking about it's flaws. But alas fanboyism runs strong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning