Hardware Your longest lived USB flash drive.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Am I supposed to wander around with my medical records or do you just have a condition/history that makes it worth the effort?
but the effort of the finder of your body plugging in the drive to their computer? i thought people with serious stuff had their notes in a little thing around their neck :)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an 8GB A-Data from circa 2008 that I've never had issues with. Granted, I don't use it much... I never understood why people rely so heavily on carrying a physical device when there are so many reliable file hosts to upload to; then you can access your file anywhere with internet access. (Hence, I only use it for files > 200MB or so, or in a situation where I don't have internet access.)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Am I supposed to wander around with my medical records or do you just have a condition/history that makes it worth the effort?
Naw, its just handy when you're going to remote or dangerous places like hiking, camping, surveying an active volcano, stunt work, stuff like that.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted-236924

I have an old 2GB Kingston Drive from something like 2007 that still works perfectly, and a 64MB Micro SD card that is blocked on Read Only mode for some reason, but the files are still here and readable :P
1448528561-img-0010.jpg

I also have some really old Memory Sticks, but since it's not used anymore, I don't know if it counts :P
I think it's really amazing that we have such tiny cards that used to hold 64MB back then, and now we have cards, of the exact same size, that can go up to 200GB.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's really amazing that we have such tiny cards that used to hold 64MB back then, and now we have cards, of the exact same size, that can go up to 200GB.

Have a look at some xrays some time -- they are only the same outer size by virtue of the packaging in a lot of cases.
http://www.danzimmerman.com/files/9613/5754/3378/xray_big.jpg
http://www.danzimmerman.com/index.php/projects/raspberry-pi-sd-hack/
http://rusolut.com/monolithic-sd-card-pinout-monosd1/

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really liked the design of these Sony Micro. I still have a 1 and 2 GB drive but they write so slow it makes me crazy.

sony_micro_vault_tiny.jpg

Citra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Cheap 4 GB USB has survived 3 times in both a Washer and a Dryer. I guess USB usually work fine if you let dry after getting wet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls