GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Samsung Infuse 4G was my first. Pretty decent too. Upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy Note after which I'm currently using now.
i997_294x294_medium3_cf.jpg

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
I kinda want a QD lol I got 2 games here with no deck to play it on. Used to have the Taco and there is a decent game or two on the system (I have Sonic N and Tomb Raider here)

There was a bunch of decent games. The Asphalt series was on there, Pandemonium, Crash Nitro Cart.

I don't know how Nokia screwed up the N-Gage platform. The Series 60 platform was already one of the leading mobile platforms, and the N-Gage had some big name support.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Depends on your definition of "smart", I suppose - I've gone through several over the days. I think my first "smart" device would have to be the Noka N-Gage Classic, I gladly traded in a brand-new Motorola L6 for that Symbian-powered bad boy and I never regretted it. Unfortunately, it got "stolen" in my drunken stupour, I'll have to get another one sometime. Next, I got a Mio A701 powered by Windows Mobile 5 - what a phone, oh, what a phone. Many-a-days were spent on playing on emulators, yes. I still have it, currently running Windows Mobile 6.1 or 6.5, even... but the battery is practically dead and one of the directional buttons doesn't respond, so it's not in use. As a replacement, I used a Nokia 6550 Fold, which is a nice and more contemporary Symbian kit, but recently I finally switched to my very first Android - a Sony Xperia M, and I have to say that it's terrific. That's all as far as my "smart" phone history is concerned, I think - I don't switch phones very often.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There was a bunch of decent games. The Asphalt series was on there, Pandemonium, Crash Nitro Cart.

I don't know how Nokia screwed up the N-Gage platform. The Series 60 platform was already one of the leading mobile platforms, and the N-Gage had some big name support.

Pandemonium... that brings back memories. for a time on the N-Gage Arena I was one of the top online players of that.

You forgot Red Faction, Splinter Cell and Ashen :P

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A cool red Nokia XpressMusic 5800 together with a 1GB dataplan, almost 4 years ago now.
1361008-nokia-5800-xpressmusic.jpg
Too bad it drowned one drunk afternoon, because that phone was pretty good and solid!
Currently back at Nokia with a Lumia 920 since last summer.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't know what actually makes a phone a "Smartphone" back in the day kinda #blurred lines ... :P
anyway, my first was probably the HP iPAQ hw6915:
hp_ipaqhw6915_16631.jpg

My second was the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro (worst name ever?):
se-x10-mini-pro-2.jpg

And finally, my current one... Samsung Galaxy S4 :wub: It's pretty darn great! And since everyone already knows what those looks like... here it is next to an iPhone 5 and a htc One:

Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Apple-iPhone5.jpg

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Mine was Xperia Play...man that thing was awesome! I loved playing Crash Bandicoot and Rayman on it. I also used to have a lot of different emulators on it. I switched to S3 last year, but I really miss the easy access controls the Play had :( I'm certainly going to buy a Xperia Play 2 with better specs, if that ever happends! :D
Sony_Ericsson_Xperia_Play_4.jpg

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my first smartphone was the t-mobile g2, which got me into the whole rooting and switching roms, loved that phone...even though it sucked and i still have it

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
My first smartphone was the Nexus S in 2010 and the reason I got it was it's Google's iPhone 4 killer. I remember having AOKP rom and franco.kernel on my Nexus S. The funny thing is that in 2013/2014 I have a Nexus 5 with AICP (Based off AOKP) and Linaro Kernel (Based off franco)

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends how you define smartphone really, but probably the Nokia N95 in 2007.

This thread makes me feel old.
Old?

I'm still on a minute phone. I've never had a smart phone. I'm lucky enough to have access to the internet, and to have built a PC while I had some extra cash. No way in fuck could I afford a smart phone and its monthly service fees.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Old?

I'm still on a minute phone. I've never had a smart phone. I'm lucky enough to have access to the internet, and to have built a PC while I had some extra cash. No way in fuck could I afford a smart phone and its monthly service fees.

Buy a used one and use your pre pay plan on it, just disable mobile data when you dont need it.

Boom, done. I am on Pre-Pay and don't have a problem :P

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Funny to see so many people that their first smartphone was an android device, while smartphones are way more older than the Android OS.
Mine was the Nokia 6600 running on Symbian S60v2

Nokia+6600+solutions.jpg

Next, Nokia N80, Symbian S60v3:
1225546100.jpg

after that Nokia N95 8GB, Symbian S60v3:
nokia-n95-8gb-combo.jpg

After that, the Nokia N900 (WHAT AN AWESOME BEAST THIS DEVICE IS!!)
Running OS is Maemo 5 (true debian based linux distro, OPEN SOURCE!)
This one is actually a mobile pc, instead of a smartphone...
N900.jpg

After that, the Nokia N950.
This one is only been available for developers, so it was never released commercially.
It was intended to be the successor of the N900. This runs on MeeGo Harmattan 1.2 (Maemo6), also Open source
nokia-n950-1.jpg
nokia-n950-2.jpg

I've also got the Nokia N9
This has been the one that was commercially available instead of the N950.
(runs on the same OS as the N950, but this one didn't had a full landscape QWERTY keyboard)
1496888363_1183522649_o.jpg

And at last, I am a proud owner of a Jolla
The true Nokia device (made by ex-Nokia guys who worked on the N900, N950 and N9 after they were fired, because micro$oft bought Nokia with their crappy Windows Phone OS's..)
This runs on Sailfish OS, they continued working on MeeGo, so it's actually the successor of the N9! :) This one is RPM Based (yes, another mobile pc)
Jolla_Aloe.jpg

1 thing is for sure....
I can't live without a real hardware landscape qwerty keyboard.

So I use my N950, along with my Jolla :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.