• Likes 1

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Win 8.1

phones always loving it on PureStock Android

CyanogenMod ftw. i use a Nexus 6 (12.1 and 13, i love both LP and MM) StockAndroid rocks.

Last edited by leonmagnus99, , Reason: one should not be lazy to read the OP, *points to myself* X"D

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Windows: Tied between 7 and 10
Mac OS: El Capitan
Linux: Linux Mint because I love Cinnamon, also because Arch Linux won't work on my PC. :sleep:
iOS: 9.1
Android: CyanogenMod 13 (Marshmallow)
Windows Phone: Not even remotely interested until the amount of Apps improves.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Eh... It depends on the hardware.

Computers:

On a 25Mhz i486, I would choose (and I have) DOS with Win3.1 :P DOS is so cool :D

On a potato cooker (PC) I would use Slackware 13.37, but I'm stuck to using Win8 (not 8.1, because that's even worse), because It's too painful to migrate all the stuff to my Slacky installation. Also, the integrated graphics in this PC is poorly supported by the X server, so that's another reason. But at least I made it WinExp-styled :P (WinExp stands for Windows Experience, aka. Windows XP).

Also, I never had an Apple product, because it's just unaffordable, so I can't really judge it.

Phones:

Cyanogenmod 7
Why that old? Because it's the highest that my device(s) support :P
Most of the times it has better and more features than the stock one the device came with.

Other:

I mean, I don't really like Windows for PDAs, but the bubble popping game in them is just indescribably good :lol:

Conclusion:

My favorite operating system is Slackware 13.37 and DOS :P But WinExp is not bad either. I'm using it right now xD

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PC:
Windows 7
Windows 10
GNU/Linux Debian with Mate or XFCE
GNU/Linux Mint
GNU/Linux Xubuntu/Lubuntu

Mobile:
Android KitKat (Pure, AOSP or CyanogenMod/Euphoria-OS)
Android Lollipop/Marshmallow (Pure, AOSP or CyanogenMod/Euphoria-OS)

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Computer OS:
Windows: Windows 8 or 10
MAC OS: Probably Yosemite, but I rarely use Macs.
Linux: Zorin OS 9 or Elementary OS, which are both based off of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. :P

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wind 3.11 when days were simple.

Ugh, I had to live through the days of Windows 3.1. Manual IRQs and no pre-emptive multitasking made life hell.

If you've ever had to live through Co-operative multitasking destroying hours worth of your work, you'll know.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like OSX because it has given me the least amount of issues, and is unix-like. I'm using 10.11.

on non-macs, recently I've usually been on a variation of Ubuntu (like xubuntu and now ubuntu mate). in fact I re-installed ubuntu mate and left out windows, and it was the best decision I could have made.

as for windows...when I'm actually using it, 8.1 with Start8 combines everything good about 8.1 and 7 together. still only relegated to a virtual machine now.

and mobile: iOS. :v

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like OSX because it has given me the least amount of issues, and is unix-like. I'm using 10.11.

Well it does have Unix at it's core, after all.

OSX was the result of Apple's exhaustion during the final years of the nineties- as a company they were inept and failing miserably, trying to create a modern OS from the decades-outdated core of the "Classic" Mac. You should read about Apple's failed internal Copland project sometime. As a Mac user, I think you would find it fascinating. When they gave up trying to develop the OS themselves, they ended up buying a company called Next (and the NextStep OS). And with it came Steve Jobs, who turned the OS core into OSX... and you know the rest.

Reactions: ihaveahax

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Android 3.X.X . You couldn't get a better version than that. Speaking of 3.X.X FW on Android, I'm locked and prevented from updating past 3.1.5 DX

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Windows: 7 > XP > 10 (I ironically use 10 despite being my least favourite)
Linux: Lubuntu > Ubuntu > Elementary
Mac: Tried it. Can't ever get used to it.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1