Your favourite Fast Food joints

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The closest I go to fast food is non chain pizza joints. Fast food is gross, the food quality is poor, the sanitary conditions in those places are poor, the taste is poor, and to top it off you feel like crap after eating it. People who gorge of fast food are also gross to look for the most part.
My choice for fast takeout is a small family run Lebanese restaurant that that makes the best wraps I've ever tasted.

I use to work as a Pizza maker and I can honestly tell you big Pizza chains and privately owned Pizza restaurants are pretty much just as dirty, even the fancier looking Italian type family Pizza restaurants are no cleaner (I'm not talking top rated super expense restaurants though) at least that's the case in Toronto, Canada where I live.

But even if the place is a bit unsanitary and the food is cooked properly and thoroughly there should be no way germs/bacteria can withstand temperatures beyond 60 degrees celcius, this is the main reason why they reheat Pizza slices regardless if you ask or not.

In terms of Subway or Mr. Sub (Canadian) being fast food or not it's debatable (it's healthier) but IMHO anything under the category of process meats, fried, washes down better with sodas, greasy, precooked and kept warm or reheated (during rush hours) and comes with fortune cookies is fast food to me.

With all that being said even having worked in the back of a fast food restaurant in the past and seen lots of screwed up things some fast food workers can do to your food, I still love fast food and have to go get some every now and then to satisfy my cravings.

PS. Be polite and nice to people who serve you fast food, it goes a long way.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The closest I go to fast food is non chain pizza joints. Fast food is gross, the food quality is poor, the sanitary conditions in those places are poor, the taste is poor, and to top it off you feel like crap after eating it. People who gorge of fast food are also gross to look for the most part.
My choice for fast takeout is a small family run Lebanese restaurant that that makes the best wraps I've ever tasted.

You must live in a real shithole. We have some crap fast food places here but most are good. Most of the shitty ones shut down because there's competition less than 5 minutes away typically.
While fastfood places do carry the same general product, quality does differ greatly from location to location.

Though I guess in the US conditions are significantly poorer in general.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do yourselves a favor y'all

Find a Steak n' Shake. It is
The ultimate.

$4 Triple Steak burger with seasoned Parmesan French fries is the tits.
I wish my friend goes to them all the time when she goes to Jackson to see her brother and college and loves those, hopefully I can cross that off my bucket list one day.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do yourselves a favor y'all

Find a Steak n' Shake. It is
The ultimate.

$4 Triple Steak burger with seasoned Parmesan French fries is the tits.

*shakes fist at absurdly low american fastfood prices*

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I fear I may have turned into a food snob in my old age, that or it is quicker, cheaper and more filling to just buy some food in the supermarket if I am so desperate as to need food when out and about or as ill prepared as to not have food in the house.

Anyway I really dislike most fast food, it satisfies some base instinct for sweet and salty fat but that is not enough. Mcdonalds and subway are probably the worst for me, followed shortly by burger king and KFC. Dairy Queen is the creator of the thousand mile an hour burger so we do not go there any more. It is only when stateside that I will bother/suffer being dragged to one, though the other side of that is if I am going out for an evening in Europe then the meal itself will be the event for the evening rather than dinner and show so I might as well go to a proper sit-down restaurant.

In Washington state (and possibly some surrounding areas, I can not be bothered to search right now) there is a chain called Dicks, they do pretty well even if I always forget onions does not mean fried onions like in the rest of the civilised world.

Taco Time do OK and five guys did pretty well too. I have been known to tolerate jack in the box and wendys, even if their jalapeno burger failed to stop my chilli withdrawal (four slices is not enough). Otherwise I tended to do better with the local ones, there was one right out in the sticks that probably did the best milkshakes I have ever had. Pizza only counts as pizza if it is proper thin crust one, and tomatoes an I do not get along so there is that (garlic bases are somewhat rare when out and about).

Mind you there are times when fish and chips happens to be the order of the day, skate wish or snake and pygmy pie and chips cooked in beef fat is something to be savoured.

The worst attempt at it... I was somewhere in the outer regions/surrounding towns of Amsterdam (probably Sloten). Some guys had tried their hand at Iranian/Turkish/somewhat middle eastern, lovely food when it is done well but this was not. The closest most will get is if you have ever tried to eat cold stir fry egg noodles that have then been coated in warm sauce.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mcdonalds
I like the fries and the nugets buts thats about it, I did like fajitas but they have been long discontinued

Burger King
The whopper is pretty decent but other then that there is nothing that great on the menu

Wendys
Chicken nugets and fries are very good, burgers are ok, frostys are good also

KFC
Their fried chicken both original and extra crispy are good, sides are decent, I havnt tried any of their newer stuff

Little Ceasers
Italian chesey bread is very good, regular pies are ok but speciality pies are great including secret menu items like the buffalo chicken pie

Five Guys
Burgers are fantastic but are overpriced also they are very greasy, but free peanuts while you wait for your order

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for Burgers i perfer Angelos they're cheap and taste good i mean In N Out is good but god dam the lines are long.
For Fried Chicken Donahoos
For Mexican my house
For Chinese anywhere

flabulousfreddy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either Wendy's or Sonic to me. The Baconator is awesome and the Asiago Ranch Chicken Club is the best fast food sandwich I've ever had. Especially when it's the spicy chicken. The spicy chicken patty mixes with the richness of the ranch and the coolness of the lettuce for an experience that is pure heaven. I always get a baconator meal and the club sandwich every time I go.

kirekun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not from US or Canada like you guys
But I do like

KFC
---> Chicken Recipe is delish as well as their burgers.

McDonalds
---> Usually for their Hot Fudge Sundae

And some of our local Fast Foods

Jollibee
Fun Trivia: Only in the Philippines where McDonald is not the number one fast food brand.
Beaten by this one. Love their Pasta ._.

Greenwich
Pasta + Pizza combo.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not much for fast food but I do like Subway quite a bit. Sub of the day with all vegetables really gets your money worth. Can't go wrong with a KFC Boxmaster either.

There is no Mcdonalds in Iceland. Not since the economic crash. Instead there's a new joint where one used to be called Metro. Went there once and my stomach felt terrible. Never going there again. :P

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality