Gaming Your best Character in SF3D

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hunter291 said:
for gods sake, I know this is off topic, but can anyone tell me how to fight against grapplers ? I fight with ryu in near combat, but how the eff am I going to harm them if they grap me everytime I am near them ? (the chars are mean are these with the unblockable grap: for example zangief)
The easy way is just doing a special that will knock down the open a.k.a shoryuken or w.e, The better way is a neutral hard punch or kick as this lets you pull off a combo when your on the ground such as if your using ryu you would do this : Neutral jump hard kick then when you land hard punch comboed into a shoryuken taking away a good chunk from your oppponent. Then you could also force him to try and grapple you and you punish such as hes 1/3 of the screen apart from you, so you then jump forward with a hard kick and he will block and then try to grapple you.Then you can neutral jump on him or pull off a shoryuken, if he blocks again during the shoryuken you can focus attack dash cancel and dash forward to grab him, the only way he would stop that is if he would use a regular grab but since hes just trying to pull off a command grab and thus your regular grab will beat him.
My main is fei long, because he is awesome, based on bruce lee, and is very versatile. Bad thing is...fei's worst matchups are characters who have a good keepaway game, such as ryu,ken,akuma and guile >.> Even then i can still beat the crap out of most spammers and if i dont my second main trolls them.. Dhalsim. Idk why poeple dont use him more hes THE ultimate troll for projectile spammers and can beat guile easily once you master dhalsim

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I used Ibuki today and I have to say, she is far better than many characters I've used.

Roughly on par with cammy on my scale.
nyanya.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
sonknuck23 said:
If anyone would like to battle let me know. Even better if you have it on the PS3, 'cause I prefer it there as opposed to the 3DS. (less lag, I find.)
PS3 also has animated backgrounds!
tongue.gif

Too bad, I didn't get this game for PS3...
frown.gif

I could use some online.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tanveer said:
cosmiccow said:
Gouken! At least I could finish that silver surfer type guy at the end of that one arcade run with him after failing with 4 others...

I have yet to play more Versus... anyone with also 0 points here?
wink.gif
LOL, I had 0 points but beat you a few times yesterday and beat others.
I am good with Ryu and mostly play as Ryu.
Sometimes as Sagat, but Ryu feels like the most balanced character in the game.

edit: and you mean Seth?? He is a pain in the ass to beat lol.

I know.. you said it was your first internet fight and you beat me easily ;/ (it was my second..)
Yes, Seth.. with that weird orb in his stomach
wink.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ryu all the way
biggrin.gif
. Actually I havent been testing too much with other characters apart from Ryu.
I am better than I thought and the only problem I am having is with the thumbstick. Gotta push sideway and then up to jump sideways. I keep jumping on the same spot hence losing at crucial moments
frown.gif

Lost most matches pretty tight, and only reason is that I kept jumping on the same spot instead of moving :/.

btw cosmiccow, you are good
smile.gif
. You just need to jump and move more lol.

RodrigoCamilo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Tanveer said:
Ryu all the way
biggrin.gif
. Actually I havent been testing too much with other characters apart from Ryu.
I am better than I thought and the only problem I am having is with the thumbstick. Gotta push sideway and then up to jump sideways. I keep jumping on the same spot hence losing at crucial moments
frown.gif

Lost most matches pretty tight, and only reason is that I kept jumping on the same spot instead of moving :/.

btw cosmiccow, you are good
smile.gif
. You just need to jump and move more lol.
man i'm having the same problem, i can't use the L button using the D-pad, then i start using the stick, but is horrible to run and peform some tricks
hate2.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You just gotta make it a habbit to push sideways and then up.
thats you have training mode
wink.gif
. I am able to pull out all moves without using the lite modes touch screen assistent. Still, for games like Street Fighter the 3DS controls are simply not suitable. I have quite large fat hands
tongue.gif

Melter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
I used Ibuki today and I have to say, she is far better than many characters I've used.

Roughly on par with cammy on my scale.
nyanya.gif

wouldn't say Ibuki is better, but shes so fun to play!

took me a while to master SJC to Ultra 2 (on ps3)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol