You haven't seen the last of Megaupload!

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@[member='Foxi4']

You really don't know what you're talking about!

When a country is member of the World Trade Organization, they are subject to TRIPS, and it stands above Domestic Law.
I still don't get what DMCA has to do with it.
DMCA just blocked the video "M.E.G.A Upload" from Youtube

If you still don't get after that, this is a link you may like:
http://www.worldtradelaw.net/uragreements/tripsagreement.pdf

New Zeland authorities were cooperating with FBI and USA Justice Department
What again breaks down your argument of USA sueing Dotcom because they are trying to be the World Ruler

The quotes I made were from Youtube terms of service, not google, get the facts straight

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Youtube belongs to Google, as of today, Youtube links you to that very site when you inquire about data collection. Nothing stands above domestic law, I'm afraid. Moreover, TRIPS only states that each member country is supposed to "create comparable copyright protection mechanisms". DMCA is directly connected with the issue as DMCA is America's answer to that directive. Show me the articles Dotcom broke or leave, speaker of nonsense.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Youtube belongs to Google, as of today, Youtube links you to that very sight when you inquire about data collection.

You know that Youtube by having it own terms of service do not follow google terms of service, don't you?!
I showed the parts of the Terms of Service of Youtube where it declares that youtube collect data from users and corporations, including the videos that they post.

Nothing stands above domestic law, I'm afraid. Moreover, TRIPS only states that each member country is supposed to "create comparable copyright protection mechanisms". DMCA is directly connected with the issue as DMCA is America's answer to that directive. Show me the articles Dotcom broke or leave, speaker of nonsense.

Even if DMCA stands above TRIPS, it still make Kim Dotcom Guilty!
This wasn't the first time Kim Dotcom was sued for copyright infrigement, he had plenty knowlege of that content!
That's why he got instantly arrested!

As you already shown he violates DMCA and
He violates a lot of articles of TRIPS
Articles: 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14, that I remember! Probably there are a lot more!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You know that Youtube by having it own terms of service do not follow google terms of service, don't you?! I showed the parts of the Terms of Service of Youtube where it declares that youtube collect data from users and corporations, including the videos that they post.
As of today, Youtube directs you to the Google Privacy Statement when inquired about data collection. Sorry.

Even if one violates the Terms of Service, nothing actually happens. Worst case scenario? Denial of service. It's not breaking the law.
Even if DMCA stands above TRIPS, it still make Kim Dotcom Guilty!
This wasn't the first time Kim Dotcom was sued for copyright infrigement, he had plenty knowlege of that content!
That's why he got instantly arrested!

As you already shown he violates DMCA and
He violates a lot of articles of TRIPS
Articles: 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14, that I remember! Probably there are a lot more!
Dotcom cannot be arrested for violation of the DMCA as he is not an American nor did he commit any crimes in America. The articles he supposedly broke are nullified by OCILLA, this is about Megaupload, not about Mr.Dotcom. Civil law cannot be applied to a company, and DMCA specifically mentions exceptions for Online Services which I posted here and which you carry on ignoring.

TRIPS is an agreement that only shows the default modes that the agreeing countries should include in their own copyright law. Post actual quotes from the actual agreement if you want your words to have any weight whatsoever.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Even if one violates the Terms of Service, nothing actually happens. Worst case scenario? Denial of service. It's not breaking the law.

You got it wrong, the terms of service that I showed you were just to prove that google does collect your data!

Dotcom cannot be arrested for violation of the DMCA as he is not an American nor did he commit any crimes in America. The articles he supposedly broke are nullified by OCILLA, this is about Megaupload, not about Mr.Dotcom. Civil law cannot be applied to a company, and DMCA specifically mentions exceptions for Online Services which I posted here and which you carry on ignoring.

TRIPS is an agreement that only shows the default modes that the agreeing countries should include in their own copyright law. Post actual quotes from the actual agreement if you want your words to have any weight whatsoever.

Weren't you the one who said that we should not consider TRIPS but DMCA?!
The truth is, in this case, TRIPS are the rules considered, and I already posted the whole TRIPS articles, you are the one who should prove I'm wrong speaker of nonsense!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not that I want to correct you or anything, but Dotcom was arrested for fraud, racketing etc. and those charges were made based on an interpretation of DMCA, not TRIPS, which again is an international agreement inferior to New Zeland's copyright law and only a framework on which agreeing countries are supposed to base their internal regulations on. In itself, it's not a law, thus you cannot break it. It refers to agreeing countries, not companies. It's New Zeland who is supposed to follow it by introducing compatible legislature - that's how agreements work. Google does collect data, but not the data you argued it collects. I showed you what data it collects.

To recap, Dotcom's site was closed by the F.B.I even though Megaupload is under New Zeland jurisdiction due to a breach of DMCA which does not concern it as a New Zeland company and TRIPS is an agreement between countries to create copyright infrastructure, not a law. Do you understand my point now?

shoyrumaster11

Trophies
XP
Country
The reason that TPB is still up is because they don't personally hold any infringing material. They only provide torrent links towards computers that do. Their argument was along the line of 'Google doesn't hold any infringing material but they provide search hits towards material that do. If you guys aren't trying to bring down google and you're not asking google to police copyrighted material, what justification is there for us?' I might be misremembering and/or this is an oversimplification but I think that's why they're still up.

Also, Megaupload is not in the U.S. If I'm not mistaken their servers were hosted in Hong Kong and New Zealand.

But someone got arrested in the US for hosting links to copyright infringing content!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too