Misc You guys have slow DL speeds?

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I don't see why. I have a 20mbps download, the upload isn't that great, but even downloading small files on the WiiU takes a long time. I'm not talking about the update, I got that out of the way.

But ya, anybody else experience this? I mean, our living room is right beside our kitchen where the router is.

momocop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a Wii U but I believe it could be the antenna inside the Wii U that cant handle the speed which I find ridiculous.

It could also be the 400k units in the world all downloading the same update from the many nintendo servers. Try updating later in the middle of the night.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's definitely an issue with the Nintendo servers. Downloading a 90MB update or so for Tekken Tag took almost 15 to 20 minutes. Maybe after the storm settles down it'll improve, or maybe not since this is Nintendo we're speaking of.

Scoobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
+1 on it being the nintendo network that is slow.

I've got 80Mbit Fibre and it took 2 hours to do the mini update yesterday. 1hr 30 to download 30 mins to apply??!!?!?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have the lan adapter plugged straight from my router and still get incredibly slow speeds

1st it took 2 hours to update i watched the whole ep of defiance while it did! than it took 4ever to even download a 300mb file (zen pinball) :shit:

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it is the way Nintendo serves the files because everything else is fast! Fast during games, Youtube works great, Streaming movies is awesome, the browser works fine. It is just the dls from Nintendo that are sloowwwwwww.

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to buy anything from the eshop, but I do know when I downloaded demos from the eshop - it was slow as hel

and my nose runs faster..

jowan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
For some games (like the NES and Zen Pinball) id didn't take very long, but it took me at least 3 days to downlaod Lego City :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over