Gaming You can't be gay on XBLA anymore!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
XBLA has that "offensive username" policy thing, where they remove any user name not comprised of entirely random letters and numbers. Because any recognizable word at all might offend someone somewhere.

So handles like Azzpwner or Donkeyballs or Dickpenis have been removed, but also names like Gaygamer, Teh_ghey or Lezz_Bee, because, according to Microsoft, it's okay to be gay, as long as you don't declare it openly.

But when a man can't use his own name as the username, because his name is deemed offensive...

Like what happened to Richard Gaywood.

gaywood.jpg

Apparently, you can't use "Gaywood" online anymore, even if it's your actual last name.

licence.jpg

Poor Dick. As if he didn't have enough troubles with his last name as it is.

laugh.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dick Gaywood.... Man, that's classic. Poor bastard must have hated school.

But seriously, Microsoft denying the use of the word "gay" in Gamertags is pretty stupid. I expect an uproar soon, they'll probably allow it again...

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'd think after being mocked in school his whole life with that stupid name, the last thing he'd do is use his REAL name as a gamer tag. He should be banned forever for his own protection. I like to use my Social Security Number as my gamer tag or better yet, my credit card # makes for a catchy name.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dare bet that they do allow
RichardStraightwood
AmyLesbianwood
AmyGaywood

I hope Microsoft have to pay because they discriminate
I´m not gay but I hate Microsoft >:)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
poisonousj said:
you'd think after being mocked in school his whole life with that stupid name, the last thing he'd do is use his REAL name as a gamer tag. He should be banned forever for his own protection. I like to use my Social Security Number as my gamer tag or better yet, my credit card # makes for a catchy name.

lol

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Prime said:
"Don't worry guys 'coz gay boy will have your back, you backdoor that is"

laugh.gif
I also loled, just at that part
rofl2.gif

EDIT: shit fuck crap, just realized this is a semi old thread, just clicked a link in the Gaydrian thread
mad.gif

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Salamantis said:
Prime said:
"Don't worry guys 'coz gay boy will have your back, you backdoor that is"

laugh.gif
I also loled, just at that part
rofl2.gif

EDIT: shit fuck crap, just realized this is a semi old thread, just clicked a link in the Gaydrian thread
mad.gif

OMG YOU NECRO'D NOW FACE THE WRATH OF THE STAFF

rscarrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Ha ha!! Brilliant video!

I read the youtube description and i dont totally agree with his whole raise awareness on xbox live issue, i give it an 8 for comedic value, but seriously. You cant bring order to that chaos.

I love the "no holds barred" attitude that plagues (or blesses?) the xbox live community. Though, for some reason, if you've never met an American before, you might find yourself slightly put off or even flat out offended by their carry-on. This is especially noticable to europeans obviously, being just as large an install base.

That video reminded me of that COD4 Team Killing video where one guy keeps shooting rockets at spawn while playing HC Search & Destroy.
I think he almost took out the whole team with one shot, that had me in fucking fits!

I done a quick a youtube search and found the video that i was reffering to, for anyone that hasnt seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-eP1fljups

And btw, i'd be pissed off too but its funny!

[EDIT]:
Holy crap there are a lot of xbox live reaction vids on youtube. Seems most are titled "COD 4 arguement" or "...conversation".
Just watched one there, the brits give it socks too;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb6vs_xxPKU...feature=related
^3 mins of that was enought for me... someones got small man syndrome... [sigh]

"How To Ruin Xbox Live For Others"

Hararious!
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM