Hacking You can now use an old DS to flash NTRBoot flashcarts

MrJason005

√2
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
https://3ds.guide/flashing-ntrboot-(nds)

Hacked 3DS no longer needed! Just use your DS Lite!

Theoretically you could also try this .NDS on a 3DS or a DSi, but it requires removing the SD card from your flashcart without removing the flashcart itself. This is because the DSi, when it detects the SLOT-1 cartridge has been removed, it needs a hard reboot in order to even start reading SLOT-1. It's very likely that there are also other things blocking this from working perfectly fine on a DSi or a 3DS, otherwise it wouldn't be restricted to just the DS.
Also remember that the DSi and 3DS are not officially supported by the developer!

EDIT: Now they are officially supported by the developer!

Last edited by MrJason005,

MrJason005

√2
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
so will this also work with an extra 2ds i have laying around or my sisters 3ds?
I said this in the OP.
The 3DS uses the DSi as a DS backwards compatibility mode. This means, if you want to use this hack, you need to find a way to remove the SD card without removing the flashcart itself.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The "nail method" works pretty fine... I've just tried it with my R4 SDHC Flashcart inserted on my NDSi XL. Just don't apply too much force into the microSD card. It'll pop out easily.

Now I've got to get a R4i Gold 3DS RTS flashcart to try the flashing process myself.

Update.
The "nail method" works on:

-DSi XL
-O3DS (not XL)
-O3DS XL
-2DS

It should work on a.
-N3DS
-N3DS XL
-N2DS XL

Just don't have a N2DS XL to try it.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said this in the OP.
The 3DS uses the DSi as a DS backwards compatibility mode. This means, if you want to use this hack, you need to find a way to remove the SD card without removing the flashcart itself.
don't know if i am understanding what your saying.... let me see so it would be hard to get the sd card removed why the flashcard is in the system? or it would reboot back to home if i remove the sd card on the 3ds or 2ds?
its not hard for me to use some ones ds light tho my brother has one.

MrJason005

√2
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
don't know if i am understanding what your saying.... let me see so it would be hard to get the sd card removed why the flashcard is in the system? or it would reboot back to home if i remove the sd card on the 3ds or 2ds?
its not hard for me to use some ones ds light tho my brother has one.
Using a ds lite will make your job a lot easier.

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait a sec, does that mean that we can hack a 3ds on its own with just a flashcart? you just

- go to the .nds file
-flash ntrboot
- reboot 3ds
- install boot9strap as normal

MrJason005

√2
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
wait a sec, does that mean that we can hack a 3ds on its own with just a flashcart? you just

- go to the .nds file
-flash ntrboot
- reboot 3ds
- install boot9strap as normal
Refer to the OP
Also, if you want to keep using the flashcart, you need to save its firmware data somewhere. With a DS lite you just keep the DS open and keep it in RAM.
In a 3DS, if you reboot, well, you're screwed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: