Hacking Yoshi Wooly Word USA Version 5.3.2?

D

Deleted User

System or game update? If you see the Smash logo, it installs a game update to bring it to 1.1

IF it's a picture of the WiiU console, then yea, system update :(

My version of smash was probably an earlier one, as I'm on 5.3.2 and it only asked to install the game update when I inserted it.

Reactions: cyb0rg

cyb0rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System or game update? If you see the Smash logo, it installs a game update to bring it to 1.1

My version of smash was probably an earlier one, as I'm on 5.3.2 and it only asked to install the game update when I inserted it.

So, I didn't know that there were sytem and disc updates. -_- It had a Smash logo so I went ahead and did the update, and I guess everything is fine. Game is working.

Now I wonder if it was even a system update before. I don't recall. :\

But thanks for letting me know.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I didn't know that there were sytem and disc updates. -_- It had a Smash logo so I went ahead and did the update, and I guess everything is fine. Game is working.

Now I wonder if it was even a system update before. I don't recall. :\

But thanks for letting me know.
You updated the game online, or through WUP Installer? :blink:

Looks like: "WUP-P-AXFE-02 USA"

I did the spoof, and it says 5.5.0 in system settings, but the game still wants to update when I try to start it. -_-
That elusive 02...

has 5.2.0, released Sept 29, 2014
04 has 5.4.0, released June 8, 2015

5.3.0 was released November 10, 2014
5.3.1 was released December 1, 2014
5.3.2 was released December 5, 2014

I still think it has 5.3.2 on it, but nobody has ever used it to do a system update and find out lol.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

bt04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That elusive 02...

has 5.2.0, released Sept 29, 2014
04 has 5.4.0, released June 8, 2015

5.3.0 was released November 10, 2014
5.3.1 was released December 1, 2014
5.3.2 was released December 5, 2014

I still think it has 5.3.2 on it, but nobody has ever used it to do a system update and find out lol.
Interesting, is there any way to extract the system update files using TCP gecko or other software? Some of the disc images have a system folder in them.

This might belong in your reprints section of the Definitive Guide:
Case: WUP P AXFE USZ 101842A Made in USA
Disc Top: WUP-P-AXFE-USA-0 Model No. WUP-006 (USA)
Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AXFE 02 USA S0
Firmware: ???

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, is there any way to extract the system update files using TCP gecko or other software? Some of the disc images have a system folder in them.

This might belong in your reprints section of the Definitive Guide:
Case: WUP P AXFE USZ 101842A Made in USA
Disc Top: WUP-P-AXFE-USA-0 Model No. WUP-006 (USA)
Disc Bottom: WUP-P-AXFE 02 USA S0
Firmware: ???
Also see this. Hard to track down what's on it when people get confused between disc and system updates though.

cyb0rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The game update on the disc. (After I'd spoofed to 5.5.0.)

Then I updated the game again with the files grabbed from NUSGrabberGUIv1.7.

Loadiine is working fine. I've started two games through it so far.

Last edited by cyb0rg,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game update on the disc. (After I'd spoofed to 5.5.0.)

Then I updated the game again with the files grabbed from NUSGrabberGUIv1.7.

Loadiine is working fine. I've started two games through it so far.
I think it's only working because the disc must have had 5.3.2 (or lower) on it. If the disc would have had 5.4.0 or 5.5.0, it would have updated you, I think even if you were spoofed to 5.5.0..(someone please correct me if I'm wrong). In the future only use WUP Installer for game updates.

cyb0rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's only working because the disc must have had 5.3.2 (or lower) on it. If the disc would have had 5.4.0 or 5.5.0, it would have updated you, I think even if you were spoofed to 5.5.0..(someone please correct me if I'm wrong). In the future only use WUP Installer for game updates.

I thought it was explained that if you see the game icon your system would not be updated - only if you saw a system icon.

But either way, I definitely should have just used the WUP Installer to be safe.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was explained that if you see the game icon your system would not be updated - only if you saw a system icon.

But either way, I definitely should have just used the WUP Installer to be safe.
Discs contain an update partition alongside the game partition, hence why you can update to 5.3.2 with MP10, Splatoon, YWW, etc. I'm really not sure if the Wii U only checks your version.bin and will leave you alone if it thinks you're on 5.5.0 (spoofed) or not.

D

Deleted-355425

Discs contain an update partition alongside the game partition, hence why you can update to 5.3.2 with MP10, Splatoon, YWW, etc. I'm really not sure if the Wii U only checks your version.bin and will leave you alone if it thinks you're on 5.5.0 (spoofed) or not.
I can't imagine anyone wanting to try it lol.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nope the spoof allows games that require 5.3.2+ to work on 5.3.2......hence why SMM works after spoofing even though it requires 5.4.0......obviously down the line this may not be the case if a game requires updated features that are not available on 5.3.2, but the only problem so far with SMMis that the manual doesnt work on 5.3.2

Last edited by gamesquest1,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope the spoof allows games that require 5.3.2+ to work on 5.3.2......hence why SMM works after spoofing even though it requires 5.4.0......obviously down the line this may not be the case if a game requires updated features that are not available on 5.3.2, but the only problem so far with SMMis that the manual doesnt work on 5.3.2
That didn't really answer what I was asking. I'm talking about in case of online game updates with games above 5.3.2. My uncertainty is if the Wii U disc updates are treated as Option A or Option B:

Option A:
The disc only looks at version.bin, sees that it's 5.5.0 (spoofed), and says "Okay cool, you only need these updated game files to play. Here you go!" and downloads them from NUS and installs them. You stay on 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.0 and have the updated game.
Option B:
The disc tells NUS there's an update and to download everything: the missing 5.5.0 FW files and the updated game files, thus putting you on official 5.5.0 and without hax.
If it's like option A, users wouldn't need WUP Installer to update their games. They could just make sure they were spoofed and update away. But if it's like option B, then shouldn't we be able to download the update partition through NUS and see which games come with which FW?

Last edited by fiveighteen,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That didn't really answer what I was asking. I'm talking about in case of online game updates with games above 5.3.2. My uncertainty is if the Wii U disc updates are treated as Option A or Option B:

Option A:
The disc only looks at version.bin, sees that it's 5.5.0 (spoofed), and says "Okay cool, you only need these updated game files to play. Here you go!" and downloads them from NUS and installs them. You stay on 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.0 and have the updated game.
Option B:
The disc tells NUS there's an update and to download everything: the missing 5.5.0 FW files and the updated game files, thus putting you on official 5.5.0 and without hax.
If it's like option A, users wouldn't need WUP Installer to update their games. They could just make sure they were spoofed and update away. But if it's like option B, then shouldn't we be able to download the update partition through NUS and see which games come with which FW?
oh i get you....but i guess with the update servers blocked it couldnt grab the system title updates anyway (unless they had stealth update mode enabled and relay the updates from the normal eshop servers), but yeah i just thought you meant you didnt know if spoofing blocked on disk updates :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: