Gaming Yooka Laylee Release?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
MOST of the post said it was outdated and that gamers didn't want that style in their games any more. You did say that some games handled it better by rewarding the player for collecting the things they scatter around. I'd argue that these games also reward the player... by continuing the game. If you don't collect enough stuff, you cant progress. Also, if I'm being honest, the collectable grind in both games felt WAAAAY less tedious to me than Assassin's Creed. At least in Banjo-Kazooie, I don't have to climb the same damn tower 100 times for "different" collectables. I would not even compare the two games, however. AC is NOT a "collectathon" game. It just has collectables on the side.
Yeah, that's called prison. You can't leave the level until you do your time by collecting an arbitrary amount of an item, despite completing the level. That's poor handling of collectible items, that's exactly what I meant.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's called prison. You can't leave the level until you do your time by collecting an arbitrary amount of an item, despite completing the level. That's poor handling of collectible items, that's exactly what I meant.
I can respect that you don't find that style fun, but remember that this is the "spiritual successor" to Banjo-Kazooie and those games did the exact same thing. Personally, I would have been upset with Playtonic if the game's progression didn't work like that. At least in this one you don't lose collectables when leaving the level or dying.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can respect that you don't find that style fun, but remember that this is the "spiritual successor" to Banjo-Kazooie and those games did the exact same thing. Personally, I would have been upset with Playtonic if the game's progression didn't work like that. At least in this one you don't lose collectables when leaving the level or dying.
It's like a bunch of people who hate pasta reviewing an Italian restaraunt. "Not reccommended. Too many noodles."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt