tmp_27360-Screenshot_2016-08-24-20-54-301366857155.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 571

deanimation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tbh, i was curious as well,
but the thumbnail shows that the op is banned and comparing yifan on the other thread where the user is still active. So it was certainly a fake.

Reactions: MajinCubyan

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was probably something like yifan_Iu (capital I instead of lowercase L). If the mods saw fit to delete it, you should just trust in their judgement. If it contained a morsel of usefulness or truth, they'd have probably locked it instead.

Edit: It was a Greek у in the name. So there you go, end of discussion ♪

Last edited by Scarlet,
Reactions: raulpica
D

Deleted User

it was a fake account created yesterday with a total amount of 2 posts.
Location was China (at least it said that on the account).
cant be more obvious. the real yifan has more posts and exists far longer on that board.
And why on earth should he post something like that.
he'd release it without asking. (well ... no pirating tool but other stuff... he didnt ask for releasing henkaku
and all the other stuff... right?)

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm flattered honestly. That people would waste so much time and effort in giving me maximal attention. Like I said in the nuked thread before, I am an attention whore and if you really want to get at me, the worst you can do is ignore me and my posts. Stop talking about me or tweeting or emailing me.
yiffypoo the absolute madman. He's shitposting with no holds barred. Just fuck this scene up fam.

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
yiffypoo the absolute madman. He's shitposting with no holds barred. Just fuck this scene up fam.

He did contribute though. This is the gbatemp we all love, if you're a dev you can be utter shit to people (though usually its the people that are shit to you first).

Anyhow, I don't see the problem with his KOTH challenge.

leerz

OP
Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
So,

I saw this just now on pastebin
http://pastebin.com/nP82D3Xg
http://pastebin.com/WExQNmae
So the vita has many layers of encryption. Let's look at a game cart and digital game:
1a) The cart has encryption on the raw data (that's why if you dump it externally, you'll see encrypted data). However, as soon as the game is placed into the vita, that layer is decrypted before the vita sees the game. Then we have "gro0" mounted, which is the unencrypted FAT partition.
1b) Digital games are encrypted in the SCE PKG format. Basically there is an encryption key chosen (at random) by the developer. The package is encrypted and signed by sony. Package Installer can get past this encryption (and it does for drm-free packages). For other packages, package installer sees that you don't have a license and errors out, but you can bypass this without kernel or anything (exercise left for the reader). Once the package is decrypted, it is basically an archive of files that is extracted to "ux0"
2) The second layer of encryption is PFS. All game data (images, textures, executables, etc) are encrypted with PFS. PFS key is derived from a passphrase chosen by the developer. It is also signed (either with a key derived from the passphrase or with sony's key, I'm not sure). This layer is decrypted when a game is mounted (gro0: => app0: or ux0:app/titleid => app0). mr.gas & major_tom's trick gets you past this layer.
3) Now, the showstopper. Game executable files (eboot.self, *.suprx, etc) are encrypted through NPDRM.w The key to decrypt this is derived from ux0:license/titleid/*.rif AND tm0:npdrm/act.dat (for digital games) or just gro0:license/titleid/*.rif (for game cart). Of course, the key derivation process includes secrets that userland/system does not have access to and therefore there is no current public way of decrypting it. This is the last line of defense for sony.

Basically #1 can be bypassed through Blackfin or HENkaku's FS access. #2 was bypassed by mr.gas and Major_Tom's pfs mounting trick. And we are waiting for #3 to be bypassed before the floodgates of piracy opens.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It was probably something like yifan_Iu (capital I instead of lowercase L). If the mods saw fit to delete it, you should just trust in their judgement. If it contained a morsel of usefulness or truth, they'd have probably locked it instead.

Edit: It was a Greek у in the name. So there you go, end of discussion ♪
Ding ding, you win

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs