News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
logo.png

The Yufi hacker dude™ is back with another blog post and this time he asks for your help. The goal is to create an open Vita SDK. He says that the reason why no free SDK exists yet is that there are people with knowledge how to create one, but lack time to do so and there are people who have time but lack knowledge of the Vita's internals. So he created an awesome pdf document describing what's needed for an open toolchain and how Vita's executable format works. You can check out his full post here.

Yifan Lu said:
P.S (in an unrelated subject): Did you get a PSM license? If not, don’t fret, we got you covered. Just make sure you have the developer assistant installed on your Vita.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is it ok to update to 3.51 FW?

You can't download the recommended PSVita Developer assistant without 3.51 FW. And as it's a recommendation from Yifan Lu, I'd say there is no reason not to update (I just updated mine as I wait for the PSM application to be approved).

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't download the recommended PSVita Developer assistant without 3.51 FW. And as it's a recommendation from Yifan Lu, I'd say there is no reason not to update (I just updated mine as I wait for the PSM application to be approved).

Just need a confirmation about this.
I have 3.5 Vita and want to download this Dev Assistant because of Yifan's Lu hack.
Do I need to update to new 3.51 version or can I download directly from the Vita with mine 3.5?

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just need a confirmation about this.
I have 3.5 Vita and want to download this Dev Assistant because of Yifan's Lu hack.
Do I need to update to new 3.51 version or can I download directly from the Vita with mine 3.5?
Just downloaded it last night on 3.50 using the Vita Update Blocker. This was directly from PSN however since I don't own a PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all