Hardware Yet Another Wii Remote Problem

JaceG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been reading all night on here (mostly by google) and other forums for a solution that works for my situation, no luck obviously. So first off here is the situation:

When my wii boots up the wii remote won't connect unless I hold the sync button on the console for 15 seconds then release, then press sync on the controller, then press sync on the console again. After this everything is normal until I select a channel but then as soon as I start the channel it (the wii remote) disconnects and will not reconnect.

Note: I am able to boot the console with a Wii Remote but as soon as it gets to the Safety screen it will flash all four lights on the wii remote and disconnect and I will have to do the steps listed above.

The wii is softmodded but that doesn't seem to be affecting my other wii which I did exactly the same, the only other difference is now I am using regular wii remotes and not wii motion plus remotes (the new one with the WM+ built in) I can't figure it out apparently and will appreciate any constructive help. Thanks in advance!

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
If you have two Wii consoles, near each other, that might be the problem. The remote is trying to connect to both your consoles, which obviously won't work out very well. Pressing the sync basically tells the remote to connect to that particular console...

JaceG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually at a friends house using the wii I modded for him and the other wii is mine and at my place. I am about 10 miles away from my other wii
tongue.gif
but that's my bad I should have put that in there. Thanks for the quick response any more ideas?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So it's your friend's Wii that's the problem, not yours? Sorry, confused between your posts.

In any case, try changing the batteries (long shot, I know, but you never know)?
Have you, assuming the problem occurs with your friend's Wii, tried bringing your Wiimotes to his place and trying to sync them? This way you could determine whether the problem is with the Wii itself or remotes.

JaceG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
I'd try re-syncing your remotes to see if that would help in any way. Maybe you accidentally swapped remotes with his?

My Wii Remote is Red his are white. and I explained my steps and half of the steps are re syncing... :/ I'm not being facetious or or sarcastic but did you read all of my post? I appreciate the help and answers though
smile.gif

JaceG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiser said:
So it's your friend's Wii that's the problem, not yours? Sorry, confused between your posts.

In any case, try changing the batteries (long shot, I know, but you never know)?
Have you, assuming the problem occurs with your friend's Wii, tried bringing your Wiimotes to his place and trying to sync them? This way you could determine whether the problem is with the Wii itself or remotes.

Ok so I did what you said and no luck, it's not the wii remotes. So I'm going to try and un soft mod it and then re soft mod it unless anyone has any better ideas.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Press the SYNC button in the wii for 1 minute to erase wiimote registered data and then resync them

JaceG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
Press the SYNC button in the wii for 1 minute to erase wiimote registered data and then resync them

Oh man! I thought I had it! Just before 1 minute the Wii exited the safety screen to the main menu and then I synced the remote and it synced without the complicated sync method I normall use. But once I selected a channel and as soon as I clicked on start it disconnected...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: He is now fishy.