Hardware yet another Wii disk drive Error.

Snintendog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wii that a friend wanted fixed and modded but the disk drive is clicking and not accepting disks. Opened it up small bits of plastic fell out looks similar to the top mechanism and the laser is firing and the motor is working when i reset the position of the mechanisms it closes as if a disk is in it and starts clicking trying to eject nothing this wii was on 2.3U when i got it just for a clue of how little they used it in the past.

Any clue what is going on already got it modded software wise and i was already thinking of getting a replacement drive but if i can get it fixed it be much appreciated and save 20-30$.

• Angry
Reactions: ChibiMofo

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Like the PS3 fat/slim drive, those front loader disc drives are difficult to fix.
Why trying to fix a disc drive when you load all your games/homedrew from HDD/SD?

Snintendog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the PS3 fat/slim drive, those front loader disc drives are difficult to fix.
Why trying to fix a disc drive when you load all your games/homedrew from HDD/SD?

Family still has disks not really super tech savvy so first thing they asked if there was some way to fix the Disk drive i had told them about the HDD/SD loading they liked the idea though having the disk drive makes it a bit easier for them to just add GC and wii games using USBLoaderGX rather than ripping it on a computer(something they don't even own all tablets in that house) looks like i will have to order a replacement drive oh well at least i got most of their games burned and dumped the nand and setup a emunand with a bunch of good wiiware/vc made it as easy to use as possible for them.

It was a day fix anyways they wanted it back today since i work all week even if i couldn't fix it.

• Angry
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it