Gaming Yet another "help me update to 1.51" thread

cardyology

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I need to re-flash my 360 for 1.51, problem is, I dunno where the fook I stand as fas as flashing goes.

I have an elite flashed with the latest 1.5ix i think - it was flashed before the liteon drives could be done so I ended up paying a guy to flash the liteon key into a BENQ dvd drive.

SO now I have a BENQ dvd drive spoofed as the original lite on. I still have the lite on drive sitting on my desk (covered in dust)

So my question is :- How do I go about updating to the latest FW? As i see it i have a few options....

1: Put the liteon back i nthe 360 & flash it to the lastest FW - I assume I'd need to buy a probe & connectivity kit for this?
2: Update the spoofed BENQ to 1.51 - is this possible? Im thinking I can get the liteon key out of the BENQ & flash the BENQ up to 1.51, still spoofed as Liteon?
3: Could I get the key from the BENQ & put itinto the liteon and flash the liteon without a connectivity kit?

Im blagged, its so fricken complicated!!

Any advice would be greatm thanks. I posted these questions at xboxscene but the answere i got were to compex. I need noob language!

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be as simple as if you had a stock firmware on the BenQ to update it to 1.51, just follow the JungleFlasher User Guide.

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cardyology said:
Does it matter that the BENQ drive is spoofed as a liteon?

It shouldn't. Everything about the BenQ drive is in its firmware, and JungleFlasher should notice from your dump.

Worst case scenario: You dump your drive firmware, find out that for some reason you're not going to 1.51, reflash to your original ix1.5 dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: