Yakuza Kiwami 2 revealed by Taiwan PSN

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    kiwami2-555x328.png

The Taiwan PlayStation Store has revealed a new Yakuza game, by accidentally letting the game's PSN page go up prior to announcement. Titled Yakuza Kiwami 2, it's another remake of a Yakuza game, obviously, 2, in the Yakuza 6 engine. (The first Yakuza remake ran on 0's engine) SEGA has still made no comment on the matter, so it hasn't officially been announced yet. Seeing as how multiple other Yakuza games have made their way westward, it's also likely to assume that this one will also get localized. Yakuza Kiwami 2 is set to release on December 17, 2017 in Japan.

2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    Huh, wait for this or just play the ps3 version...
    3 and onwards are all native made for ps3 or ps4, so I don't think there is much need to hold out waiting for kiwami 2, seeing as it's the 2nd game in a 6/7 game series, that is available in hd already.

BUT! For English language, it is good because, I don't think 1&2 HD were released in English (apart from kiwami)

So, if you will play in Japanese, I guess don't bother. If you will play in English, it's either kiwami 2 or the original pa2 version :D

3. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Kiwami 2 was rumored to be on the horizon and it makes sense to remake the 2nd game given the fact that they remade the first one. Either ways i am going to be picking up both Kiwami games at some point and replay them.

Although i highly doubt this is all the Yakuza studio is currently working on. It is to soon for Yakuza 7, so my guess or hopes are that they remake or even remaster Both Black Panther games and if they cant do that then at least release both Kenzan and Ishin to the west. If they released all four of these games in the west, it would then mean that all Yakuza games are accessible to both Japanese and western audiences.

Platform wise it would make sense to release the Black Panther games as a duology on the Nintendo Switch since they were originally PSP games. Which means that the handheld related game-play style would work well with the Switch. However, Kenzan and Ishin should be localisation and released on the PS4 since well both games were on the PS3/PS4 before anyways. But a Switch version of both Kenzan and Ishin would also work well too.

I doubt Sega will do any of this but they should! My point here is Sega release something Yakuza related on the Switch! unless their planning on dropping P5 on the switch in the case we forgive you. But tbh i doubt a P5 on the switch even more than ever now....

cearp likes this.
  4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i don't expect persona or yakuza on the switch!
    it would be cool, but it doesn't seem likely i guess. sad that in the debut week of 1+2 hd on wii u, only 2000 copies were sold in japan!

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  5. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    The sad part was that it was only sold in japan!:cry:

cearp likes this.
  6. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yeah it was just a port from the ps3 one so i doubt much work went into it :)

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  7. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    Edit: Wrong Thread Yakuza certainly does look like a cool game though, nice they're getting remastered.

Last edited by TheVinAnator, Aug 25, 2017
  8. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Just watched the trailer: It looks awesome as hell!! Watching it reminded me of how much i love Goda Ryuji....BUT then my man GORO came on the scene and i was like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww Hell yesu!!!

Here is the trailer:

Also during the conference Sega Announce 2 new games:

The first is called Yakuza Online and it is the first entry in the “New Yakuza Project” series, for smartphones and PC. It will launch in Japan in 2018 as a free-to-play title with item-based micro-transactions.

My reaction to this was Micro transactions? NO THANK you BUT then i read this:

The “New Yakuza Project” will tell stories set in Kamurocho after the events of Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, and will be developed for both consoles and new platforms, such as smartphone and PC. The protagonist of the new project a new character named Ichiban Kasuga, who is voiced by Kazuhiro Nakaya.

So this is probably Cannon but i dont see it leaving japan for a while which is good news for me. It will give me time to finish up the remaining entries in the series.

Here is the trailer for Yakuza Online:

The Second game being made by the Yakuza Studio is called Fist of the North Star

"Sega’s Yakuza Studio has announced Hokuto ga Gotoku, a Fist of the North Star (Hokuto no Ken) game developed by the studio behind Yakuza, for PlayStation 4. It will launch in Japan in 2018.

The action adventure game will star Fist of the North Star series protagonist Kenshiro, voiced by Yakuza‘s Kazuma Kiryu voice actor Takaya Kuroda, and feature a completely new story set in “Eden,” the great entertainment district of century’s end where the hopes and desires of the people assemble. Players will be able to enjoy various action and exploration, including Yakuza series-style play spots."

Here is the trailer for that:

This game looks metal as hell!

More Info for all 3 games can be found here:

http://gematsu.com/ (First 3 posts)

Last edited by Abu_Senpai, Aug 26, 2017
    cearp likes this.