[XY/ORAS/SM] Custom 3D Models / Textures Sharing Thread

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Asia81, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Ok so what error are you getting specifically? Does the program crash when you "replace" the textures in Ohana? If s, then it's a problem with yur edited textures or your environment; it's not the tutorial. The method is the same regardless of what you use.

2. Joele

Joele Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2016
    Italy
    Or rather, when I go on BCH textures replaced and press on File-> Open I get the error ...
    So it's probably a file format error

3. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Is it happening after you "open" the file, or just when you click "Open" itself...... Either way, it's a problem with either your version of Ohana, the extraction or the individual file itself. Some .bin files are actual archives and contain more than one file, in folders that can't be read until extracted.

Specifically what are you trying to edit?

Last edited by Majickhat55, Nov 30, 2017
  4. Joele

Joele Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2016
    Italy
    It happens after I open the file ...
    I just happen with the files where there are the battle backgrounds, for the rest, the trainer and pokemon models open and I can modify them quietly ...

Anyway I'm trying to change a background to create Lavender Town

5. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    And you're sure you're using the correct file? I haven't done the bckground models yet but I'm 99% sure they are nested so you'll need to extract the .bin first to get the files. My tutorial doesn't cover nested binaries.

Do me a favor and take that .bin file and drag it to an open PK3DS window, it will ask if you want to extract the files, say yes.

6. Joele

Joele Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2016
    Italy
    Yes, I'm sure the file is correct for a reason or ohana3ds makes me see the 3d model

7. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Ok I'm confused then, if you can see the model in Ohana than it's working. Not all models have textures included so have you tried opening the next .bin in the texture replacer?

8. Joele

Joele Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2016
    Italy
    But I know the textures are not in another .bin file because when I open the 3d model I also see textures like every any another model...

9. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    That's what I was asking Lol. Then it's obviously a problem with Ohana through process of elimination. I don't know your setup or anything so I can't give you advice on making it work other than try to find another version and make sure you have .NET Framework installed.

You can try my version of Ohana and see if that makes a difference for you since I compiled it from source.. Otherwise, not much else I can do. Sorry.

Let me know if this version works for you though, if so I'll attach it to my tutorial and replace the other one.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Majickhat55, Nov 30, 2017
  10. Joele

Joele Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2016
    Italy
    Is it not by accident that you have to convert the .bin file?

11. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    No, it's on purpose. Sometimes Ohana can read the compressed .bin files, it depends on the compression method; others don't for the same reason.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

For the most part you can "view" most things without decompression, but you HAVE to decompress them if you want to extract/edit them.

12. Joele

Joele Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2016
    Italy
    After I'll try again ... I'll see if I can do anything even if I doubt it works

13. Joele

Joele Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2016
    Italy
    @Majickhat55 As for the Battle Backgrounds even for sprites (a \ 0 \ 6 \ 1) it is not possible to import the modified texture ...

14. LenGamingLab

LenGamingLab Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2017
    United States
    You can repack the folder with Pk3DS

15. Kobazco

Kobazco GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Hey everyone, I kind of hate to ask for help like this but I don't have much of a choice since this isn't my specialty.

You may or may not know me for my hacks Rising Sun & Waning Moon. Basically difficulty hacks of Sun and Moon in the style of Blaze Black (Drayano's hacks)

You may also know that with the release of Ultra Sun & Moon, I'm working on new hacks titled Setting Sun & Waxing Moon. With these hacks I plan to go above and beyond with my final release, and I need some help of people who have experience with editing models in USUM.

The main and only thing I want to do concerning this is the Kantonian Gym within Malie City. All I really want to do is to have a somewhat generic trainer with unique gym battle music for the leader, but in order to do that I would need to use the trainer classes of one of the trainers with unique music. So I decided I would cut Anabel from my post game trainer encounters for this purpose, and use her trainer class for the Gym Leader. However, Anabel's model wouldn't fit for the gym leader, if you get what I mean. What I'm asking for isn't a custom model of a Kanto Gym leader (although that would be nice) but all I need is a simple model swap if thats doable.

Thanks in advance. Anyone who helps me will be featured in the Setting Sun & Waxing Moon credits section for your troubles. (Especially if someone is willing to do models/retextures for me)

Last edited by Kobazco, Nov 30, 2017
  16. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Yeah well those aren't textures, they are .pngs packed alone into a binary archive. We could edit those in Gen 6, but not so much in Gen 7 since you can't open the binary just extract the files... If you could open the binary we could just replace the file, and repack it...

17. ChrisN8

ChrisN8 GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2015
    France
    Does anyone know where are the face textures (OW & HD) for male character in pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon ?

18. rusyaas

rusyaas Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    Malaysia
    a176 male hd
    a202 male ov

a188 female hd
    a214 female ov

Plus 4 garc locations from sun moon i think

[​IMG]

Last edited by rusyaas, Dec 1, 2017
    ChrisN8 likes this.
  19. ChrisN8

ChrisN8 GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2015
    France
    Thank you for your help i was looking at the right place but i dont know why i can't open the HD file...
    How did you edit the eyes and hair ? i'm also looking for those textures but no luck... Do you have a list of the folder content ?

20. rusyaas

rusyaas Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    Malaysia
    Trainer models garc locations: https://pastebin.com/BaaFPeKr
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

For the face, you gotta unpack the face bin itself, then edit with ohana, and repack it. Editing the hair is similar process as editing other textures.

Last edited by rusyaas, Dec 1, 2017