Hacking XViD on GC? Work on WII w WiiKey?

modmanwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if its possible, playing XViDs on GC like the XBMC for XBOX1

but if so, is it possible on the wiikey with the WII in GC mode?

RobertsD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is something called GC Mplayer that basically played all the video formats including XViD. YOu basically put the couple of files on a DVD along with the video's you wanted to watch, and booted it in your GC, then you could select the video you wanted.

It worked great, and if it would work with the whole 4.7GB in GC mode, you could get quite a few videos on there. I'm not sure if it works on the wii though.

Heres the link to it. http://modthatcube.pxn-os.com/content/linux/index.html#mfe

I think i have a few of the discs laying around, that I can try, although I'm not sure if any of them were bootable(not having to select the dol file).

RobertsD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a link to the player.

http://rapidshare.com/files/20524200/mfe-wii.rar.html

Use those files and one of the bootable disc creators to make a MFE disc with your xvid movies on it.

You will need to have your video files and mfe-fs.bz2 on the disc, and then have mfe-bo18.dol as the bootable dol.

After you make the disc, just put it in your wii and and boot it from GC mode.

NOTE: Some of the bootable disc makers restrict the file size to 1.4GB(since they were made for the GC), but if you get one that doesn't, you should be able to add as many movies as you want(upto 4.7GB).

EDIT: To make it even easier for you, here is a link to BootableDisc3, something I did quite a while ago that should let you use the full 4.7GB of the DVD. Make sure you read the README file so you know how to use it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/20532533/Boota...Modder.rar.html

Just make sure you have mfe-fs.bz2 in the first 1.4GB of the disc. TO do that, rename your movie files(just add a letter(after "m" in the alphabet) to the biginning of the file name. For example rename blood-diamond.avi to z_blood-diamond.avi

RobertsD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may be that it might not work after the 1.4GB mark. Although 70-75 should be at the end of the disc, so they shouldn't work if that were true.

I have a DVD+RW that works in my wii so let me test some and I'll let you know.

RobertsD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after testing a few discs with various movies, it seems that it cannot infact read past the 1.4GB mark
frown.gif

So, hopefully a new version gets released soon that allows you to use the full capacity of the DVD(like GCOS does for multigame discs).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)