Homebrew Xpadder port for Wii emulation?

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to port Xpadder over to the Wii? I am not talking about configuring it on the Wii itself, but using the button mapping on the PC and then transferring the new button mapping to work on games where the button layout sucks. I definitely wouldn't be able to make this work, as I have no programming skills. Does anyone here know how to do it?

D

Deleted-171178

So you want to change the keys for games on the Wii?
I think there are Ocarina codes that do this.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
What does Xpadder let you do?
- Play PC games with poor or no gamepad support
- Add gamepad support to emulated, internet and DOS games
- Play multiplayer games with each player using a gamepad
- Control video/music players using their shortcut keys
- Use a gamepad with a browser or any Windows program

according to this description, I've hard time understanding what you want to do with Xpadder, it seems it's used to map computer keyboard keys to common gamepads

anyway, emulators on Wii already let you configure keys and I think the only way to modify key mapping in Gamecube or Wii games is using cheats/patches program, if it is even possible

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
QUOTE said:

according to this description, I've hard time understanding what you want to do with Xpadder, it seems it's used to map computer keyboard keys to common gamepads

anyway, emulators on Wii already let you configure keys and I think the only way to modify key mapping in Gamecube or Wii games is using cheats/patches program, if it is even possible

The button mapping is much more easy to use on Xpadder. Not to mention assigning button sensitivity, turbo, and other features. Xpadder isn't only for keyboard mapping. Not putting a plug in for Xpadder as I have only tried it a handfull of times, but from what I have seen so far, Wii emulation would benifit.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luckwii said:
Jacobeian said:
QUOTE said:

The button mapping is much more easy to use on Xpadder. Not to mention assigning button sensitivity, turbo, and other features. Xpadder isn't only for keyboard mapping. Not putting a plug in for Xpadder as I have only tried it a handfull of times, but from what I have seen so far, Wii emulation would benifit.

Maybe for emulation but I highly doubt Xpadder could be ported to Wii. It is a program written for modern windows computers, and is it even open source? As for GC games, the Wii cannot even access the SD card slot in gamecube mode, so I'd say its definitely out of the question... Honestly in my opinion this seems like it would be an extremely difficult and time consuming project without any real practical use.

To me this thread seems akin to the old 'Why don't you haxors make a Super Smash Brothers game for teh DS it would be super easy' threads
rolleyes.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I use xpadder every day to control my desktop on my TV with my 360 pad. I'm not sure you could port it to the Wii, surely there is another way to map buttons on Wii and emus?
(I don't own a Wii).

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
luckwii said:
Jacobeian said:
QUOTE said:

nope, I don't think so

(1) Xpadder is not open-source neither portable to anything else than windows, most of the cool things you can do on your computer are most likely impossible to do on Wii anyway.
(2) it's hard to see what benefits it could bring to Wii emulation, various controller support, key mapping or turbo is already handled by emulators, it's only a matter of adding features or tunning existing ones

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
beegee7730 said:
So you want to change the keys for games on the Wii?
I think there are Ocarina codes that do this.

Yes, Ocarina works for that. Theres a code on RE4 to shoot with B and to aim with A.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1