Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if anyone had any luck.

Just wasn't sure if there was a way to boot similar to how NTR boots directly from Cubic Ninja without needing ninjahax

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
If Decrypt9 doesn't support 8.1.0-0J, you should NTR debugger update the firmware to 9.2.0-20J for using it.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
NUS is down and I am trying to make an alternative way to update 8.1
NTR debugger upgrading 8.1.0-0J to 9.2.0-20J doesn't require NUS.
It requires a Private Server, which is established either by someone, or by yourself.

Last edited by MelonGx,

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Are you sure? I thought it just patched the soap to reference a different part of the nus server

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-upgrading-8-1-0-0j-to-9-2-0-20j.384960/

Uh oh, what I said below was wrong.
It's just the thing as you said above.

NTR debugger upgrading 8.1.0-0J to 9.2.0-20J doesn't require NUS.
It requires a Private Server, which is established either by someone, or by yourself.

BTW, I don't know if someone establishes a private server which hosts 9.2.0-20J full files, and a private DNS server which directs the NUS URL to the private file server, will work.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Is it a N3DS? If not and you have access to the Spider browser, you can launch Decrypt9 :)
Yes, it is.
That link used to be the ONLY N3DS 8.1.0-0J browser fixing method.
Well, if we could establish more private servers for hosting files & DNS, we would still be able to use that method to fix those unique browserless consoles.

Last edited by MelonGx,
Reactions: WhoAmI?

Ronhero

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it is.
That link used to be the ONLY N3DS 8.1.0-0J browser fixing method.
Well, if we could establish more private servers for hosting files & DNS, we would still be able to use that method to fix those unique browserless consoles.

Is it possible to have spoofed update servers? Because without ninjahax / private servers / 8.1 cfw / xorpads we can't update to 9.2

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to have spoofed update servers? Because without ninjahax / private servers / 8.1 cfw / xorpads we can't update to 9.2

I believe we could simply host the NUS files in addition to the currently hosted files for the process. However, that would require someone having already downloaded them. I'm not sure if they could be extracted from a 3DS already on 9.2J.

If you find a copy of the files, let me know and I'll reconfigure my server to use them directly instead of NUS. Again, I don't know whether or not that would actually work, but I think it's worth a try.

Ronhero

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I believe we could simply host the NUS files in addition to the currently hosted files for the process. However, that would require someone having already downloaded them. I'm not sure if they could be extracted from a 3DS already on 9.2J.

If you find a copy of the files, let me know and I'll reconfigure my server to use them directly instead of NUS. Again, I don't know whether or not that would actually work, but I think it's worth a try.

I pmed you the cia files for a few versions in case you need them. Also we may need to convert them from cia back to raw data for this to work I assume

Reactions: OctopusRift

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins