XK3Y troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ETBMikenel, Sep 11, 2016.

Sep 11, 2016

XK3Y troubleshooting by ETBMikenel at 10:10 AM (334 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ETBMikenel
    OP

Newcomer ETBMikenel Newbie

South Africa
    I have recently purchased an XKey and have run into some weird issues with it. After searching my individual symptoms online I have been receiving mixed messages as to what the problem may be. So now I have chosen to detail my symptoms in case someone might be able to share a similar experience (with their resolution). Here is the information that concerns me the most:

1. console boots into emulation mode and bypass mode with no problem. BUT:
    2. Remote receives no power from the USB adapter that the white ribbon cable plugs into (it did on first boot but stayed on the Xkey Logo, original cable burnt out and was replaced)
    3. Red light on the Xk3y board stays on constantly with no blue light (have not tried removing the SD card).

I have not yet tried a drive in my Xkey to see if it is reading, as i would like to resolve the issue with the remote before worrying about anything further. I can perform electronic troubleshooting to the main board of the Xkey if anyone can provide a schematic?

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

Antarctica
  3. ETBMikenel
    OP

South Africa
    It's working! I tried a friend's FFC cable, and the issue is resolved! Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction

4. DinohScene

Antarctica
    No prob~

Most, if not all of the times, it's a problem with either your DVD key or the FCC cable.

5. ETBMikenel
    OP

South Africa
    It makes sense now why my supplier provided two cables, most likely just in case. Its such a pity that one burnt out and the other was faulty, luckily i can exchange the faulty cable under guarantee.

6. DinohScene

Antarctica
    There's a small one for if you want to use the USB port at the back (on phatties) and a long one for if you want to use one of the front USBs (phat and Slim)

You're just unlucky with a faulty cable.