Xk3y and ISOs

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Lifeinsteps, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Lifeinsteps
    OP

Lifeinsteps Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2017
    United States
    This is perhaps a silly question to some, but I just bought an Xk3y and I'm waiting on it to ship and was looking at my 360 library.

Once I get the Xk3y I want to sell most of my existing 360 collection (college) but I have a couple Japanese shmups that I can't find ISOs for online.

I did find a JTag RGH rip though, and I was wondering, if you convert the Jtag rip to an ISO with this CreateISO program, would it work in Xk3y? My guess is no but I'm curious if anyone's tried it.

The other question is, if I can't do that, is there a way I can use my new Xk3y to rip these games for myself before selling them so I can still play them? I'd like to sell them as they're worth several times as much as anything else in my 360 library, but if I can't play them anymore if I do, I'm keeping them.

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    You could also flash your drive with a 0800 FW (if your drive supports it) and rip the ISO yourself.

It's easier then downloading those copies.

Lifeinsteps likes this.
  3. Lifeinsteps
    OP

Lifeinsteps Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2017
    United States
    Yes, that was the other option I was considering-- I don't know anything about this yet and I made the xk3y purchase kind of on a whim but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't turn around and sell it back out and do an RGH mod instead.

I sort of bought it in the middle of a late night stupor when it occurred to me I no longer care about achievements or e-peen points (or online play, really) because I'm too old and thought it would be cool to have a modded 360

Last edited by Lifeinsteps, Oct 4, 2017
  4. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    If you don't care about online play at all, then I'd suggest RGHing it.

Upgrade the internal drive to a 2TB drive and copy all the games to the internal drive.

Lifeinsteps likes this.
  5. LoggerMan

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    How is the Xbox 360 Live scene these days anyway? I haven’t used my xkey console in ages, most of the 360 games I like to play I have digital versions on Xbox one. I might pull it out and give it a go, see if I had been console band while it’s off.

6. DinohScene

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Live is still up and kicking.
    Plenty of people on 360's