Gaming Xidax gaming PC's 0_0

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was a little bored and decided to click on some gbatemp ads and came across this Xidax ad and decided to build a PC on there site and holy hell its a rip off you would have to spend 1.1k extra on pc parts most of which are this "xidax" brand stuff. I feel so bad for people who buy pre built systems, hell you can't even choose which graphics card you will get so it's safe to assume you're gonna end up with an underpowered stock card.
T3fQYCd.png

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If they provide an overclocking service, I would think they have to provide a guarantee with that service. A minimum of one year is the least I would expect. Otherwise, I would take my business to a more reliable outlet.

Of course, this is without taking the time to look into it and see what the small print says.

nh450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a Xidax system. Why? Because I don't have the time or inclination to do the research required to build my own.
I looked at several custom builders. Xidax has a lifetime warranty. If I build something myself and make a mistake and bend a pin, I have an expensive broken part with no warranty. With a good custom builder, they burn the entire system in for days to eliminate infant mortality.

That is worth something to a lot of customers. Sure - anyone can save money if you build it yourself. But time = money. And it takes a lot of time to be as educated as you, and many other builders presumably are to learn what components to choose and how to put them together.

And BTW - my GT 970 was an MSI card. IF that matters.

Jeff

Reactions: Originality

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a Xidax system. Why? Because I don't have the time or inclination to do the research required to build my own.
I looked at several custom builders. Xidax has a lifetime warranty. If I build something myself and make a mistake and bend a pin, I have an expensive broken part with no warranty. With a good custom builder, they burn the entire system in for days to eliminate infant mortality.

That is worth something to a lot of customers. Sure - anyone can save money if you build it yourself. But time = money. And it takes a lot of time to be as educated as you, and many other builders presumably are to learn what components to choose and how to put them together.

Jeff

Takes 30 minutes to put together a computer. Even for a novice. Trust me I have walked through some really retarded friends on building a computer and they never fucked it up.

Not Jeff.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

Jeff

Very interesting first post...

nh450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pleng,

Just to be clear - I have nothing to do with Xidax. Just liked the PC I bought from them and thought I would share a different perspective.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
People will often be sceptical with posts from new accounts that give positive reviews of a company the thread is facing in a negative light. That doesn't make your points any less valid however. I approve having alternate perspectives on the topic. And having a lifetime warranty may actually be worth the price premium (especially if they offer an overclocking service).

Although I personally don't think it takes that much time to learn how to pick parts to build a computer and learn how to put them together. YouTube is full of guides for both aspects.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I still don't see the point in RAIDing SSDs. Their performance are already fast enough, unless you have a specific need for faster access.

Also, why does the lone wolf build have 3x4GB RAM? That would be a waste, since it would make all 3 run in single channel mode. It should either be 2x4GB, 4x4GB, or 2x8GB (ideal).

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't see the point in RAIDing SSDs. Their performance are already fast enough, unless you have a specific need for faster access.

Also, why does the lone wolf build have 3x4GB RAM? That would be a waste, since it would make all 3 run in single channel mode. It should either be 2x4GB, 4x4GB, or 2x8GB (ideal).
Its because I plan on SLI'ing that GTX 980 Ti in the future and every bit of speed counts when you're running games in 4k.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it will also help with games using multiple mods like skyrim

Reactions: TheLoneWolfGamer

TheLoneWolfGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah son you gotta future proof your rig :P http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bxQzrH 4 fans allows for liquid cooling with white lit screen case and raid 0 (the dream)

They are for guys who don't oc that much lol. And I'm not a big fan of liquid cooling. I was going to do 2x8gb yeah. But a guy wanted to fill all his slots. I prefer 16gb dual channel. And I think 4k is a luxury. Most of my builds are designed with 1080p and 1440p in mind. I love skyrim you know. Any skyrim thread in here?
And lo and behold! GTX 970 sli is still the best gaming combo. Like gtx 760 sli was better than a single gtx 780ti.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are for guys who don't oc that much lol. And I'm not a big fan of liquid cooling. I was going to do 2x8gb yeah. But a guy wanted to fill all his slots. I prefer 16gb dual channel. And I think 4k is a luxury. Most of my builds are designed with 1080p and 1440p in mind. I love skyrim you know. Any skyrim thread in here?
And lo and behold! GTX 970 sli is still the best gaming combo. Like gtx 760 sli was better than a single gtx 780ti.
It won't be when DirectX 12 drops :P

Reactions: TheLoneWolfGamer

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Pleng,

Just to be clear - I have nothing to do with Xidax. Just liked the PC I bought from them and thought I would share a different perspective.

Ok great. Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your other contributions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?