Xenoblade Chronicles X removes bust slider

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-Logo-720x398.png

I know I was pumped and still am for Xenoblade X however along with changing Lyn's two outfits to be less showing. They have also removed the bust slider so now we cant adjust the bust size of the female character. Now Nintendo I love you but this stuff reminds why sometimes I hate you. You started this heat by removing it. If it was never removed in the first place this would never of happened. Now the game is already rated teen so unless your trying to make it E10 there is no reason to remove this feature. Let's say I was a women who wanted to recreate my self in Xenoblade X I no longer can. I might be flat chested or bulk - what if I am not in the middle. There would be nothing I could do about that. Or what if we males wanted to create our waifu. We cant make her exactly how we wanted to. Nintendo promised this game would not be censored as well.

watashi_wa_lynlee__medium.png

However lyn still is 13 in the American version not 15 like she was rumored to be. They also removed bikinis only for Lyn. Also, If they are doing this to Xenoblade X they are most likely going to do it to Fire emblems fates as well.

Source

Reactions: Deleted User

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Aaaaaand I'm done.
Nintendo sorry for U. but I think I'll pass on this game until an update that revert all this back is released or the Wii U is hacked and the community restore it/translate the jap version or something.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaaaaand I'm done.
Nintendo sorry for U. but I think I'll pass on this game until an update that revert all this back is released or the Wii U is hacked and the community restore it/translate the jap version or something.
Yeah but you shouldn't not buy it because of that. It doesn't effect the game play at all.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fuck it.
Not buying anything that gets censored by Nintendo. This is just bullshit.
I know she's 13 years old, and I'm not a pedophile by any means, but just because people in the west are stupid we can't have what Japan gets? This is stupid. Good thing I don't have a Wii U yet so I can buy a JP Wii U, but fucking hell man.

Sorry for the bad words.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah but you shouldn't not buy it because of that. It doesn't effect the game play at all.
It does ruin my experience. Part of what I enjoy of games like this one are lolis and character customization. If they remove those things then the game is ruined for me, simply as that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Nintendo does tons of stupid shit and you're like "Yeah okay that's fine."

Remove the bust slider from a game so you can't be a weird creepy perv? "THAT'S A STEP TOO FAR WHAT IF I WAS A WOMAN!?"

News flash: You're not. You only want the bust slider so you can make big titted anime women.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck it.
Not buying anything that gets censored by Nintendo. This is just bullshit.
I know she's 13 years old, and I'm not a pedophile by any means, but just because people in the west are stupid we can't have what Japan gets? This is stupid. Good thing I don't have a Wii U yet so I can buy a JP Wii U, but fucking hell man.

Sorry for the bad words.
That's okay. I agree completely it's like saying we can't handle sexuality. One of the many more reasons I will move to Tokyo.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It does ruin my experience. Part of what I enjoy of games like this one are lolis and character customization. If they remove those things then the game is ruined for me, simply as that.
Well then I can see you point. I was really looking foward to the character customization as well.... Then I found out the map was bigger then Fallout 4, The witcher 3 and skyrim combined which made me a bit more happy.

Reactions: Pacheko17

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's okay. I agree completely it's like saying we can't handle sexuality. One of the many more reasons I will move to Tokyo.

To think I was there some days ago.
I came back on Sunday after an entire year of living there.
I already miss it. Good luck on that tho, because it's very hard for americans to get in Japan, I got there like a breeze because I'm a descedent and Japan just likes Brazilians overall.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To think I was there some days ago.
I came back on Sunday after an entire year of living there.
I already miss it. Good luck on that tho, because it's very hard for americans to get in Japan, I got there like a breeze because I'm a descedent and Japan just likes Brazilians overall.
Ah okay. Your a lucky one though... Getting to go there. I envy you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Remove the bust slider from a game so you can't be a weird creepy perv? "THAT'S A STEP TOO FAR WHAT IF I WAS A WOMAN!?"

News flash: You're not. You only want the bust slider so you can make big titted anime women.
That is true... That is exactly why I want it. No shame

Reactions: Pacheko17

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
You only want the bust slider so you can make big titted anime women.
But I would use it for the complete opposite :angry:.

And besides, is not like is necessary to remove that feature to accomplish anything more than be "family friendly". Is even more work to do something like that than just leave it alone.

Aside of that Nintendo is once again lying to their customers. They said they'll want to bring back the hardcore players to Nintendo with the Wii U, but with that attitude they are only scaring away the hardcore fans of everything.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is one of those features where I think the vast majority, including me, would load the game, lol i can change the bust size, slides it all the way to big as possible, hahaha this is funny, resets everything to defaults and continues on and never thinks of it again.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

This is one of those features where I think the vast majority, including me, would load the game, lol i can change the bust size, slides it all the way to big as possible, hahaha this is funny, resets everything to defaults and continues on and never thinks of it again.

This truth is so overwhelming, couldn't have said better myself.
Bravo!

Not that i really care, btw

Reactions: gamefan5

loco365

Trophies
XP
Of all the things that you can complain about in video games, you're complaining that you can't have an option to adjust the bust size of women in a video game and are essentially boycotting it.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Edit: Let me elaborate. The most likely reason they're removing it is NOT for censorship reasons, it's for cultural differences. In Japan, these kinds of things are normal, considering there's lolicon and hentai and whatnot that you could pick up in most stores. In the USA and Europe, those are not cultural norms, which could impede sales. It's not to make it a lower-rating game, it's to allow people to feel comfortable with playing the game.

Last edited by loco365,

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of all the things that you can complain about in video games, you're complaining that you can't have an option to adjust the bust size of women in a video game and are essentially boycotting it.

Are you fucking kidding me?
Listen, my dude. I personally like to personalize my waifus. So yes I am a bit pissed off. However, Don't forget I am just reporting it. That is why it is is the news section and not the rant section.

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't care. I loved Xenoblade and I'm gonna love this game. Every time this issue comes up I'm just reminded of the pettiness on both the part of Nintendo and their community but ultimately I get a good game at the end, that's what counts. Whether someone decides not to buy a product over not being able to play plastic surgeon with a 13 year girl has no effect on me because when I remember the game years from now it won't be for this.

Reactions: BurningDesire

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waifu? Realllly? Anyways... Nintendo has been doing this a lot lately. It's not just this game but other games like Fatal Frame, and Bravely Default. It reminds me of the older SNES days where they censored everything left and right including any references to alcohol, and whatever else they deemed "inappropriate".

Honestly I'd play with the bust slider just for the lolz but you wouldn't catch me playing with a large breasted female character. Hell I can't even stand any of the female characters in games like these because they're so damned annoying. The fact I'm required to play with a 13 year old just pisses me off. Fuck you abnormally large breasted 13 year old girl! *coughs*

So long as they replace those costumes with something else like... Peach for ex. (that would be cool actually) I doubt anyone will care about the bikini costumes being removed. Truthfully those costumes look out of place in a game surround by giant monsters. Only the most sick or perverted people who use terms like "waifu" would find that flattering. I'm just saying.

Reactions: BurningDesire

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Christ...I would've been pretty indifferent in the first place (meaning: it's somewhat interesting to see how the same game differs per region as to reflect the maturity of politicians in charge), but with rants like these I'm sort of glad they got rid of that feature. I love games, and as such am an opponent of those criticizing it for moot points like it promoting pedophilia. But it's not easy defending video games when my "fellow" gamers start ranting that they just want to set the bust size of thirteen year old characters as they see fit.

Let's say I was a women who wanted to recreate my self in Xenoblade X I no longer can. I might be flat chested or bulk - what if I am not in the middle. There would be nothing I could do about that. Or what if we males wanted to create our waifu. We cant make her exactly how we wanted to.
You're not familiar with the concept of "role playing", are you? If you were a woman with huge tits, you would just have to roleplay as a thirteen/fifteen year old with a normal cup.

However, Don't forget I am just reporting it. That is why it is is the news section and not the rant section.
Nice try, but I don't know who you're trying to convince. Face it: you ARE ranting. You're just doing it in the news section. Just slapping a "here's a source" on it doesn't make it news, let alone relevant.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no!

Now we can't play our video game without being an underaged girl with huge boobs! Surely Nintendo is the worst thing ever!

This isn't a whole game not being brought over like, say, Mother 3, this is a minor customization feature in a game that doesn't need huge boobs to be a good game.

Relax, if you wanna see some underaged girl's boobs, you can go watch some hentai or something, play a fanservice-filled game, import this from Japan, or play a modded game like those Pokemon ORAS bust size mods that surfaced not too long ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night