Xenoblade Chronicles 2 dedicated Nintendo direct announced

xenoblade_direct.jpg

Nintendo announced that they are having one of their "directs" and dedicating it exclusively to telling you about the upcoming Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the sequel to the enjoyed, by the fans at least, Wii title and its Wii U offshoot in Xenoblade Chronicles X.

The game itself hits the Nintendo Switch worldwide on the 1st of December 2017. The direct is scheduled the 7th of November 2017, 2pm UK time. A timer for those in other regions.

You can view the stream on Nintendo's own website, Nintendo's youtube channel and likely anywhere else they have a presence.

You can see the video released during the Nintendo Direct in September below

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the Switch game I was most hyped for this year, even more than Odyssey. I'm a huge Xenoblade fan, having bought the original Xenoblade Chronicles on launch day back when it was still super obscure, and this new one looks excellent for the most part! For this direct, I'm hoping they show off more of the environments and scenery. I'm yet to get that "wow" moment that all the other Xenoblade games had when the camera sweeps across a vast open field. I'm worried this game might not have that given that these "titans" appear to be small segmented portions of land rather than one (or in the case of the first game, two) really big stretches of land. If they can relieve my worries on this during this direct, I'll be happy!

Reactions: CallmeBerto

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the Switch game I was most hyped for this year, even more than Odyssey. I'm a huge Xenoblade fan, having bought the original Xenoblade Chronicles on launch day back when it was still super obscure, and this new one looks excellent for the most part! For this direct, I'm hoping they show off more of the environments and scenery. I'm yet to get that "wow" moment that all the other Xenoblade games had when the camera sweeps across a vast open field. I'm worried this game might not have that given that these "titans" appear to be small segmented portions of land rather than one (or in the case of the first game, two) really big stretches of land. If they can relieve my worries on this during this direct, I'll be happy!
Let's face it, the first game was also very segmented. Granted they were large, beautiful segments.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, there were only two, so "the last couple" would be both, ie all of them.
if you count all the xeno games, that would include Xenogears and xenosaga?
I liked a lot xenogears.
Xenoblade was nice, but the story predictable.
didn't like Xenoblade wiiu (no story at all).
I don't know what to think about Switch one.

I don't judge on the game concept or battle system, each game its own there's no comparison to do, only by the story.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: TheDarkGreninja
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Let's face it, the first game was also very segmented. Granted they were large, beautiful segments.
That's true. But it did provide that sense of grandeur where you'd stop and stare across a vast expanse, maybe even just pan the camera for a minute taking it all in. I just don't get that vibe with Xenoblade Chronicles 2... yet. I really hope they can evoke that same feeling, because a Xenoblade game would be incomplete without it.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you count all the xeno games, that would include Xenogears and xenosaga?
I liked a lot xenogears.
Xenoblade was nice, but the story predictable.
didn't like Xenoblade wiiu (no story at all).
I don't know what to think about Switch one.
Though the story of Xenoblade X / Wii U could be a reason I didn't get attached to it, I must say the most important reason was music. It didn't set the atmosphere right for me.

Xenogears music was great, like anything Yasunori Mitsuda touches.
Xenoblade music was also great, even if Yasunori Mitsuda only played a small role there I believe that the fact of he being there was enough to expect quality music.
Xenoblade 2 brings again the same team as the first one, including Mitsuda. I expect a lot from it music-wise and from the gameplay videos I think they will deliver.

For me music can make or break a game, specially a JRPG where you wander around in many places, and immersion in the world means a lot. The OST then takes near to first place IMHO, by itself it can make me enjoy or hate the game.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though the story of Xenoblade X / Wii U could be a reason I didn't get attached to it, I must say the most important reason was music. It didn't set the atmosphere right for me.

Xenoblade music was also great, even if Yasunori Mitsuda only played a small role there I believe that the fact of he being there was enough to expect quality music.
Xenoblade 2 brings again the same team as the first one, including Mitsuda. I expect a lot from it music-wise and from the gameplay videos I think they will deliver.

For me music can make or break a game, specially a JRPG where you wander around in many places, and immersion in the world means a lot. The OST then takes near to first place IMHO, by itself it can make me enjoy or hate the game.
That moment when you step between the rocks and get your first view of Gaur Plains and the music cuts in simultaneously is a memorable one. And of course every time you're running around hunting little Ponios or something and then suddenly You Will Know Our Names cuts in as Territorial Rotbert has decided to make an appearance.

Last edited by grossaffe,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States

I completely agree.
I still listen to xenogears and xenoblade musics from time to time.
I don't remember any memorable music from the WiiU game.

There were a few memorable tracks, specifically the opening theme, which I thought was AMAZING. Hiroyuki Sawano is a great composer who also did the music for Kill la Kill and Attack on Titan, if I'm not wrong. But for every great track, there was something like that tune in the main city... y'know... "uh, yeah, uh uh uh uh....." x16

Wow, Mario Odyseey in October, Doom in November, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in December. Nintendo releases one heavy hitter after another.
They've been killing it almost every month this year. Slowly drip-feeding BotW, Mario Kart, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Pokken, Odyssey, Xenoblade, etc.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, Mario Odyseey in October, Doom in November, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in December. Nintendo releases one heavy hitter after another.
Three games in three months? Even ignoring that doom is a rerelease is this what Nintendo has trained people to accept as consistent?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Three games in three months? Even ignoring that doom is a rerelease is this what Nintendo has trained people to accept as consistent?
Three games that he finds interesting in three months. If you were to count all the games released in those three months they will probably be around 40. Anyway, nice troll.

Reactions: DarthDub

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This looks really good, I hope it plays like the first one.
That one was so good.
And I hope I can play it in Japanese, the dub sound a bit off and the lipsync is poor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.