Hacking Xenoblade Chronicle X [Undub]

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just noticed that the voice files for when Elma or Lin starts running is different between the Japanese and the Undubbed version. It seems like the English version uses different voice lines for them than the Japanese game or something, so Lin has these grunts instead of saying "ey" or soemthing when she starts to run. it's not really a problem for me as I dont really play as any of the other characters anyway, and I won't be able to access my computer for about 2 months, so I can't really look into it much, but I figured I'd give a heads up to people who do mind :P .

Reactions: TheShadowRunner

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Those voice differences might be cause the jpn game has more voices available for the main character, like "mature" for example that doesn't exist in the eur game, I liked a couple of the jpn more so overwrote some of the voices in the english game with those missing ones, cannot simply add the missing folders with more voices cause the eur game dun read them.
I also remember changing the other characters voices that way, dun remember the folders tho.

Meh

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can still add the missing voices for your main character without replacing another. What you have to do is to create your character in the Japanese version of the game and select the voice you want. I'm using the Kuudere voice in my version without actually having to swap out one of the other voices. The problem with this though, is that none of your soul voices are translated, and they all just say "UNUSED" :P

I'm talking about the other PC's that aren't your own, such as Lin or Elma. For some reason the name of the file that the game reads seems to have been changed to another file when they run or jump, so you're getting different (Japanese) voice lines than you do in the Japanese version.

nomog

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would love to play the game uncensored but NOT undubbed. I know the best thing to do would be to run CXu's awesome patch, but unfortunately I can't find the japanese files anywhere! Could someone help me out with this?
I left Xenoblades X unopened forever because I was waiting for the Kernel Exploit to be released and now that I got it running successfully I'm trying to figure out this problem - I just don't wanna give up at this point >.<

EDIT: I will try to use the Undubbed version of Xenoblade X I found and replace the 242 files Nevermore mentioned in an earlier post without the patcher.

Last edited by nomog,

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@CXu and everyone,

I just recently got to modding my Wii U (5.5.1 US) and was wondering: Is it possible to run Xenoblade CX (US) from disc and have the undub and uncensor be applied from the SD card?

I don't want to use a Loadiine version of the game, just launch my physical disc and have the modifications stored on the SD card and my saves saved normally on the system. Thanks!

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@CXu and everyone,

I just recently got to modding my Wii U (5.5.1 US) and was wondering: Is it possible to run Xenoblade CX (US) from disc and have the undub and uncensor be applied from the SD card?

I don't want to use a Loadiine version of the game, just launch my physical disc and have the modifications stored on the SD card and my saves saved normally on the system. Thanks!
OK, so the only solution to patch a game that have not sd access (like xenoblade x, at the contrary of smash bros U or mii maker for example), is to use cafiine. BUT! I have already tested with XenoX, with big files, it doesn't work. So, no for now, it's impossible, you have to use loadiine, or find an exploit to have more privileges.

Last edited by RealityNinja,

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so the only solution to patch a game that have not sd access (like xenoblade x, the contrary of smash bros U or mii maker for example), is to use cafiine. BUT! I have already tested with XenoX, with big files, it doesn't work. So, no for now, it's impossible, you have to use loadiine, or find an exploit to have more privileges.
Thanks for the info!

SilverCitizen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I take just the uncensored files from an already patched version and put them with my dumped copy of the game? I don't want the undub. If so, which files would I need to take from the patched version? It's separated into the code, content and meta folders.

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes, you can. All you have to do is replace chr_pc.cpk in /content/ with the one from the patched version. Remember to make a backup of your original file incase something dumb happens :P

Reactions: SilverCitizen

HotWheelsKid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Sorry if this has been asked a lot

But could someone make a simplistic tutorial for running the undub mod on sdcaffine?

Someone dumb like me can understand. I'm not the brightest person.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this has been asked a lot

But could someone make a simplistic tutorial for running the undub mod on sdcaffine?

Someone dumb like me can understand. I'm not the brightest person.
You can't use SDCafiine because Xenoblade X doesn't use the SD card slot. You'll have to use Cafiine or Loadiine. Cafiine might not work though because the files are big.

Reactions: RealityNinja

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't use SDCafiine because Xenoblade X doesn't use the SD card slot. You'll have to use Cafiine or Loadiine. Cafiine might not work though because the files are big.
I can confirm cafiine will not work with XenobladeX IF you want to use the complete uncensor patch because the files are tooooooo big!! (but cafiine is enough if you want to replace some musics ^^).
So yeah, only solution for now: loadiine.

Reactions: ADS3500

htakara82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to patch a digital copy of the game on your wii u? looking through this thread it only seems to work on pc?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to patch a digital copy of the game on your wii u? looking through this thread it only seems to work on pc?
I see 3 options:
1 - You can patch a game via the SD card with sdcafiine ONLY with a game that support sd card access (aka smash bros wii u only for now). https://github.com/wiiudev/SDCafiine
2 - Else, you can patch the game via cafiine (with a PC and local network), but doesn't work with large files. (enough for music, some textures). https://github.com/NWPlayer123/Cafiine-5.5.X
3 - Use ddd to dump your game, patch the game, and use loadiine GX2 to load it from the sd card.

htakara82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see 3 options:
1 - You can patch a game via the SD card with sdcafiine ONLY with a game that support sd card access (aka smash bros wii u only for now). https://github.com/wiiudev/SDCafiine
2 - Else, you can patch the game via cafiine (with a PC and local network), but doesn't work with large files. (enough for music, some textures). https://github.com/NWPlayer123/Cafiine-5.5.X
3 - Use ddd to dump your game, patch the game, and use loadiine GX2 to load it from the sd card.

is there a thread for setting up Cafiine? never used that before.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
is there a thread for setting up Cafiine? never used that before.
Download this: http://gbatemp.net/attachments/cafiine-410-551-master-zip.66984/
server/cafiine_server.exe -> launch it on your pc.
Place your files to patch on server/cafiine_root/
For example, to patch music on xenoblade X : server/cafiine_root/00050000-101C4C00/vol/content//stream/bgm/qev085201.adx (*.adx = a music)

Download http://wiiubru.com/appstore/zips/geckiine.zip and place it on the sd card.
On the wii u, visit loadiine.ovh -> Homebrew launcher
Launch geckiine
Put the ip of your pc (ipconfig /ip address on the cmd/terminal), launch your game, enjoy!

htakara82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download this: https://github.com/NWPlayer123/Cafiine-5.5.X/archive/master.zip
server/cafiine_server.exe -> launch it on your pc.
Place your files to patch on server/cafiine_root/
For example, to patch music on xenoblade X : server/cafiine_root/00050000-101C4C00/vol/content//stream/bgm/qev085201.adx (*.adx = a music)

Download http://wiiubru.com/appstore/zips/geckiine.zip and place it on the sd card.
On the wii u, visit loadiine.ovh -> Cafiine + kernel (5.5.0 -5.5.1)
Put the ip of your pc, launch your game, enjoy!

awesome thanks, is it against the rules to ask for the JPN chr_pc.cpk file?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
awesome thanks, is it against the rules to ask for the JPN chr_pc.cpk file?
It will not work with xenoblade X. Files are too big. If you want to patch it (uncensor patch), the only solution is loadiine.
Yep, it's against the rules. You will have to find it yourself.

Reactions: htakara82

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte