GCN Xeno GC working but what now?

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Where do you guys get your Mini DVD's?

What about this ? https://www.codejunkies.com/Products/SD-Media-Launcher__EF000580V.aspx
Is this legit? 20 Bucks seems like a fair price!
I mean im Happy that I got the Xeno GC chip working (it shows that its working when holding start)
But my first try with a Verbatim Disc on my Black Gamecube didnt work well. I went from 160 Ohms to about 40 and decreasing it always about 10 Ohms but no luck.
Is it the disk?

thank you :)

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used these in my GC w/ XenoGC installed, and using Imgburn they flat out work. The only time I had trouble was with an old drive. Switched to the drive in my laptop and 100% back in business. I didn't do any 'pot tweaking' on my GC, and I don't recommend you get too wild with it. Try to set it back to its original position and use a different burner before you write off the Verbatims you're using. But these work for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Duplicator-Grade-Silver-Spindle/dp/B0056BYHAM

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have used these in my GC w/ XenoGC installed, and using Imgburn they flat out work. The only time I had trouble was with an old drive. Switched to the drive in my laptop and 100% back in business. I didn't do any 'pot tweaking' on my GC, and I don't recommend you get too wild with it. Try to set it back to its original position and use a different burner before you write off the Verbatims you're using. But these work for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Duplicator-Grade-Silver-Spindle/dp/B0056BYHAM
Which color is your GC?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which color is your GC?

pKyae6a.jpg

Last edited by Hanafuda,

Pineapples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I'm just about to install a xeno into my console and was looking into which discs to use and found this thread. I can't seem to find Philips mini dvd-r disks you linked above available anywhere in the UK. Do you know of any other reliable discs to use that are available in UK at the moment?

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi I'm just about to install a xeno into my console and was looking into which discs to use and found this thread. I can't seem to find Philips mini dvd-r disks you linked above available anywhere in the UK. Do you know of any other reliable discs to use that are available in UK at the moment?
Take a Look at Verbatims, I used them and they work pretty well. You can probably go with any mini dvd, you will have to lower the Laser's Poti a bit

Pineapples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What about this ? https://www.codejunkies.com/Products/SD-Media-Launcher__EF000580V.aspx
Is this legit? 20 Bucks seems like a fair price!
I got one, used Swiss to load backups, you need a 2gb SD to load swiss then a larger SD for the backups. Problem I had was I was lucky if I got 30mins gameplay before a crash, most cut-scenes would cause a crash, tried numerous settings and configs - Tbh the whole setup was a chore, constantly swapping SD cards! I think xeno is the way forward for backups on GC.

And thanks for the info on the disks, I always used verbatims back in the C4Xtreme CFW days on the 360!

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol I'm sorry but there is absolutely no truth to this.
I’m meaning in regards to how a Blu-ray burner actually works the laser Module has more stabilizing features as well as it isn’t going to be able to burn the disk faster aka not making the dumb choice of 48x or something stupid as such thus giving a cleaner burn. Still uses a red laser to burn but on greater quality module. Please look at how a Blu-ray burner actually works and understand how internals of a drive fully function before replying garbage.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah i always found mini DVD's were unreliable, i used to just keep the top loose and pop it off to play full sized dvd backups as the full size dvd cases were pretty pricey, always intended to try design a 3d printable top case but never got around to it.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah i always found mini DVD's were unreliable, i used to just keep the top loose and pop it off to play full sized dvd backups as the full size dvd cases were pretty pricey, always intended to try design a 3d printable top case but never got around to it.
Same to be honest, I'd love to just buy one XD

Reactions: Alexander1970

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to assure quality, less reading problems and not killing your DVD drive, please use Memorex.
Memorex miniDVD reading on GC is 90% success.
Any other brand is 10- 40 % success.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Antonblast is more optimized than pizza tower