XCXGecko: Xenoblade Chronicles X trainer GUI using pyGecko

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by MiMiCAX, Dec 21, 2015.

1. calebbait

calebbait Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2016
    United States
    @TGLaw I tried your guide for hex editing characters and did everything right (double checked within ascii and also compared to the bin file) and nothing changes. I'm using the US eshop version of the game.

2. TGLaw

TGLaw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    United States
    It might be a problem with TCPGecko, go try to change the hairstyles from the RAM instead of modifying a .BIN file and uploading it. I'll also try this.

3. calebbait

calebbait Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2016
    United States
    Tried that as well, still nothing. Tried other things like gender as a form of troubleshooting but that didn't do anything either.

4. TGLaw

TGLaw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    United States
    Oh shoot. I forgot to write in the guide:

After applying changes, go to the party>active members screen, then hit "confirm" to update the changes.

lmk if it doesn't work and I'll try to see where I/you goofed up.

calebbait likes this.
  5. calebbait

calebbait Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2016
    United States
    Kk, I'll try it when I get the chance. Thanks!

6. TGLaw

TGLaw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    United States
    Dang. I know for 100% fact that it won't work without doing those steps afterwards. Editing the post :blink:

calebbait likes this.
  7. calebbait

calebbait Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2016
    United States
    It worked, but sadly the spoiler hair doesn't work on my male protag :(
    It sits like halfway through my head, I was gonna take a pic but when I opened the browser to upload to imgur it froze. Will try other female hair to make sure it's not just that style that's broken on guys.

Last edited by calebbait, Dec 24, 2016
  8. TGLaw

TGLaw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    United States
    Yeah female things on the males don't work right. Also, that's what happens with TCPGecko when you open the browser. Sucks :/ There might be a way to dump a screenshot or something but i dunno.

calebbait likes this.
  9. TheGlamourGroup

TheGlamourGroup Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    United States
    Sorry but any tips on this?

10. BlackwingAngelx

BlackwingAngelx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2013
    United States
    Is there an ID list for weapons/armor? I didn't see one posted but there is an option to edit it in the trainer.

11. TGLaw

TGLaw Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    United States
    Yeah. Make sure you hit active members>confirm to update changes.

12. Malifos

Malifos Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Hi all.
    I'm having some trouble getting the exploit to work. I've installed Homebrew Launcher, Loadiine and TCPGecko through the Homebrew App Store, I then downloaded the kexploit and replaced it with the EU HaxServer.jar (as I'm in the UK) and followed the instructions for the 5.5.1 disc version of the game.
    I run the HaxServer.jar and then go onto the http://my.ip/hax?kexploit31 link shows me the green illuminati thing, says everything's okay and takes me back to home. I then go onto the tcpgecko page, nothing comes up and it takes me back to home. So far so good, right?

I then boot XCX from the disk and load my save game, running XCXgecko once my save is loaded and entering my Wii U's IP. I try connecting, but it says "timed out trying to connect to Wii U" on all four offsets. What am I doing wrong? :P

Thanks in advance

13. Risingdawn

Risingdawn Tempallica

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    This has probably been asked but there's too many pages to trawl through, can you get Lao back into the game using this? And any way of spoofing global nemesis into offline or anything like that, I want tickets but I don't just want to add them, cheers in advance.

14. Malifos

Malifos Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2016
    Actually, I, too would be interested in seeing Lao make a return. I only bothered with him for the completion, but he was still rather fun to use.

15. krylo

krylo Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2015
    Australia
    Could somebody share their endgame Loadiine Save?
    Im trying to map out some Gear. - already had luck with edetging some Levels.

Nope - I'm also looking for one.

16. Dunkheri

Dunkheri Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    So I found this, not sure about how useful it could be, but it appears to list HEX data on some weapons and armors, also a few unused gear as well. http://pastebin.com/yDEZfTC0 I'm sure some people on here can probably finagle it.

17. Mikan

Mikan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2015
    United States
    i'm on 5.5.1, my game is running via loadiine version 1.0 us (not 1.01 or 1.02), i can load tcpgecko properly both step1 and step 2
    my game progress doesn't have online feature yet (with x offline message at upper left)
    when i ran XCXGecko with true and correct wiiu IP, it doesn't connect to wiiu (game already loaded, i'm inside HQ)

what am i doing wrong?

18. mangotowel

mangotowel Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2016
    United States
    Hey just wondering why does gear editing break once i change the config.ini to include my ip instead of the default ip? No biggie i can still edit gear as long i keep a fresh config.ini without changing anything in there. I just found it weird that editing it can break the whole thing lol.

19. gelbond

gelbond Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2017
    Brazil
    please, this method run on brazilian unlock by HD? i have trnsfer my save by saviine from loadiine to HD method , now i like to use xgxgecko, i will get it? and please, i need to have any thing in my sd card to do this?

20. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    If I'm not doing this any longer by web browser and I got CBHC and homebrew launcher what do I run before launching a game? Both for Loadiine and for a USB installed game.

I tried running TCPgecko and when I go into Loadiine it just causes a black screen.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe, Feb 2, 2017