Gaming XboxOne games play with Xbox360 games?

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we purchase an Xbox One, can I play games online with people who have Xbox360?
For instance, if we are playing Xbox One Halo, can we play online with someone who has Xbox360 Halo?

We all have Xbox360 and don't want to lose the capability to play online with our friends..

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we purchase an Xbox One, can I play games online with people who have Xbox360?
For instance, if we are playing Xbox One Halo, can we play online with someone who has Xbox360 Halo?

We all have Xbox360 and don't want to lose the capability to play online with our friends..

No, unfortunately the Xbox Live communities are not cross compatible so you wont be able to play with friends on 360.

4SaleUSA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Xbox One console was designed from the ground up to give you an all new experience. The system is entirely new and is generally not compatible with the Xbox 360 or original Xbox consoles. For example, games, controllers, and accessories that work with Xbox 360 won’t work with Xbox One (and vice versa).
There are some features, such as avatars and achievements, that do carry over from Xbox 360 through Xbox Live. These features are accessible through the Xbox One Dashboard.

If you own an Xbox 360 console and an Xbox One console, you can be signed in to both at the same time. However, you can only be signed in to one Xbox One console and one Xbox 360 console at a time.

If you want to access your Xbox 360 console, you can plug your Xbox 360 into the Xbox One through the Xbox One’s HDMI In port.
Note If you link the two consoles together. and you use the Kinect sensor for Xbox 360, we recommend that you mute one of the Kinect microphones to avoid voice command interference.

G36cBossMan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lmao yeah right not the money hungry Microsoft company they don't care about what we want just our money...

D

Deleted User

lmao yeah right not the money hungry Microsoft company they don't care about what we want just our money...
That's why they removed things we wanted like DRM and Kinnect requirement.
Dam those money hungry fiends! I hate selling my games I don't play anymore!

D

Deleted User

There might be some cross platform multiplayer games. I doubt Halo would be though because they designed a completely new matchmaking for MC collection that can select maps and modes from any Halo game in the collection if I understand correctly (don't have it myself yet) The 360 versions matchmaking were designed for just one game and are thus incompatible. I suppose it might be possible to include the original Halo 3 and 4 matchmaking systems in MC Collection but I dunno if they considered that or found issues with that.

Dunno why Xbox One can't use 360 controllers and accessories, XB1 controller has no new buttons and PC can use either for Xinput

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several Xbox One rereleases are actually the PC version ported over instead of the 360 version. Borderlands is said to be one of those titles. Gearbox even out right said the Xbone and PS4 are using the same servers as the PC version. The online for each is just being isolated for each respected console in this case by the servers. My hope is once the windows 10 based update launches for the xbone, we will have crossplay between the xbox one and the pc. There is really nothing stopping them right now from doing so except microsoft.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr