jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kinda pissed that in the IGN review they say it's a port of the Xbox HL2, which was considerably dumbed down from the PC version. Very misleading and could damage potential sales. From what I've read in the IGN and GS reviews, they are both full of lies stated as fact.. SO ANNOYING.

To be totally honest, my immediate impression was that it was just a high-res version of HL2 for the xbox. I don't know if it's a port of that version or the PC one (and I really don't care) but the graphics are not lightyears ahead of the xbox game, that's for sure.

That's not me taking a shot at the game, I always thought the xbox version was an amazing achievement.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this is the first game out of about 50 that ive got that i cannot get to burn! God knows whats going on! 2.4 speed Verbs, pioneer 111D and imgburn, never had a miss yet until now. Just get funnyt noises in the 360 drive and the unplayable disc message! Anyone else having this prob? I hear its affecting quite a few PAL 360s with this NTSC release?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah exact same image as what im using. only diff being ive got the sammy drive. awaiting on a new delivery of DVD's might try writing with clonecd or something see if that gives me any more joy!

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I always use CloneCD for 360, never had a bad burn with around 80 games. I see lots of people on IRC get bad burns now and again from imgburn with 360 isos.

@jimmy_j it's a port of the PC version! I think it will show more later in the game.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
half life 2 and episode 1 look amazing on the xbox360
biggrin.gif
I didn't think they'd spend so much time making it look sexy

Marxian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing through episode 1 then onto 2. Still haven't played portal properly and I need to sort out live for TF2 (looks awesomo!)

Code:
Half Life 2 The Orange Box XBOX360-CCCLX

It's real and it's region free!Â
grog.gif

Unfortunately it's corrupt as well (part 12). Pars don't seem to work either. Dang.

No it isn't, I've been playing it all night.

(edit) come to think of it, part12 of my download was corrupt (37/38 parts available). The pars worked fine tho.

Yeah, just tried the pars myself. Part 12 repaired OK. I got misleading info on the pars from another forum. A few posters reported that they didn't work. Should have just tried them for myself earlier.
lecture.gif

I'm looking forward to finally playing through HL2 anyway. Last time I played it on the PC I got stuck on the roof of the apartment block early on in the game. I got bored and pressed ESC.
wacko.gif

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
portal = AMAZING!
smile.gif

like Thug4L1f3 said, its wayyyy too short. I finished the 19 levels in about an hour. The challenges should keep me busy for another hour but its still not enough.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah portal is rather short. The good thing about having it on the PC is MODS! I can imagine some amazing levels and mods made for this game. Multiplayer deathmatch with portals? I'm not sure how it would work but yes please!

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
damn i already finished episode 2, it was as long as halo 3 i think
frown.gif
The "being stuck somewhere and killing enemies that come swarming from all directions" sequences just stretched it. Seriously, it would've been OK one or two times, but they pulled off that one a few times to often imo.
Always when one of these parts came I thought "Now they're playing for time again, ugh."

L

lastdual

I really liked Ep 2. Big improvement over the previous one. Portal is the real star of the show for me though. Would love to see a full-length game based on it.

If anyone's interested, I also just made an Orange Box video review.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PC version is far superior. Better control 24 players at a time in TF2 versus 12, cheaper price, etc.

Why do PC gaming users feel the need to go into every 360 thread and have a wank over better graphics, keyboard+mouse and less laggy servers?

You know what Console users couldn't give a flying fuck about your version of the game on the PC, go make a thread and talk about it there.

You don't see consoles users busting into PC game threads spouting off about how we never have to upgrade hardware, play our games from a couch and games work first go without messing with drivers.

tisti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
You guys do know that portal does not end after the 19 levels right? If you escape the fire at the end you have a very good twist and 1 more hour of playtime
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night