Xbox Wireless System Linking

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by slingblade1170, Sep 26, 2012.

Sep 26, 2012

slingblade1170 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Ok I have 3 Xbox 360s, 2 Slims & 1 Phat (with Wireless N Adapter). I have system linked many games but I have always used an annoying 50ft ethernet cable to do that. Well after rearranging my house the cable no longer reaches so I thought to myself "no problem I got wireless adapters on all xboxs" but I got a problem. I create an ad-hoc network on 1 Xbox and connect to that network from the other Xboxs in the house by simply going to "Network Settings" then selecting the SSID that I created. The Xboxs connect properly to the ad-hoc created but when I try to system link on any game I cannot find the host. I've tried Dead Island, Gears 3 & Saints Row 2/3. I checked all the Xboxs' network settings all are set to the correct network, they all are set an automatic configuration, & all Xboxs are update to date as well as all the games with the all the same DLC. I still am unable to find my system linked games.

Anyone got suggestions of how to fix this?

DinohScene Femboy

Message Count:
    I don't think it's possible.

You could try a Power LAN adapter (one that sends LAN signals through the powergrid)

It'll be semi-wireless then ;p

Message Count:
    United States
    Its possible to do wireless system linking for up to 4 consoles but for me it doesn't work for some reason. I only want to link 2 of mine but its strange that all 3 will not work in any combination I try to connect them. I've seen wireless system linking work at my brothers and on the Xbox support site it also mentions how to do it but it is still not working for me.

UPDATE: I just tried Gears 2 (no luck) and Halo 3 and it worked for Halo. What the Hell? Am I missing something here?

Message Count:
    United States
    Update #2: Even MS can't help me with this problem, guess I'll have to splice on another ethernet cable onto my 35ft. This thread can be closed.

SPONSORED LINKS