Xbox PATA to SATA adaptor

jellybeangreen2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My two cents....

If you were to TSOP flash a console I would make sure the BIOS used actually supports 2Tb drives.
From top of my head M8plus, X2 5035 & personally I use iND-BIOS 5003.67 as it also supports RAM upgrade.

In regards to adapters I've been using cheap generic Chinese ones and generally replace their capacitors with Nichicon's to be safe.
It's a must that you use Ultra IDE 80 wire cables otherwise you will have data loss!
If you get a cable thats atleast 77cm in length there is a way to fold it so you won't have to swap one of the connectors around.
https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5564

Once you've got that sorted out and have installed a dash with an auto installer you will have to reformat F & G partitions
with 64kb cluster size. The safest way to do this is with CHIMP by selecting to format F & G equally.
Trying to do this with XBPartitioner can be a bit temperamental...

From memory if the clock capacitor is removed from a v1.6 console it will no longer work.
But I still recommend replacing them as specs show that their only good for 1000 boots
until there likely to fail and leak acid on the board which can potentially corrode traces.

My Xbox is now working fine after cable replacement. 1.5TB HDD installed. 40+ games. Games play and rip correctly to HDD. I have tsoped it and removed clock capacitor. HDD is detected fine and I have had no issues since. I'll post links to the board I used and pics later. Thanks though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.