Xbox One X announced

ss+(2017-06-11+at+04.04.50).jpg

Phil Spencer calls the console "the most powerful console ever made". Featuring 6 teraflops of GPU power and 12 gigabytes of memory, the console is designed to run games in 4K HDR including 4K Bluray playback. It will feature compatibility with all Xbox One accessories and games, running even older games at 4K, using supersampling and anisotropic filtering to make the games look better on 4K as well as 1080p TVs. The system will be liquid-cooled as well. It is also the smallest Xbox yet. The system is set to launch worldwide on November 7th. The price will be $499 USD.

:arrow: Source: LIVE Xbox Briefing on YouTube

Last edited by endoverend,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Easily the hardware, it's a machine that can play the game's I want to play at the best resolution and FPS. It's great for when I want to sit back and play an exploration game rather than play on my pc at those same settings.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm worried about the CPU, it's still using 8 Jaguar cores which I don't think is enough for 4k 60
Why not just buy a PC then?

Fair enough.

Reactions: TheDarkGreninja

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For those genuinely hyped about Xbox X, what is it that has you pumped up? The hardware? The games?

This hardware is more than enough to play everything triple A for many years to come. It's a very good alternative to PC at $500 and incredible value as a 4k gaming device (let alone 4k BD player)

Microsoft got amazing 1p titles specially on the multiplayer side. I feel very excited for sea of thieves and state of decay 2 and I know I'll buy them eventually.

And as someone who never had a xbox before One, the OG Xbox BWC was a blast specially since they'll port 1p titles very quickly and later on stuff like shenmue.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And as someone who never had a xbox before One, the OG Xbox BWC was a blast specially since they'll port 1p titles very quickly and later on stuff like shenmue.
You got me interested, I forgot that Shenmue II was on XBOG.
Well, but that should still work even on my XB1S (so no reason to upgrade).

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@TheDarkGreninja According to DF:

"The bottom line is that Scorpio's six teraflops will almost certainly go a lot further than an equivalent PC part. I asked Microsoft about this specifically, and they raise a number of good arguments that make the case strongly. Firstly, that their shader compiler is far more efficient than PC equivalents (think of shaders as native GPU code). Secondly, addressing the hardware directly via their API and with access to console-specific GPU extensions again adds to the advantage of a fixed platform box. And finally, they point to their optimisation software - PIX (Performance Investigator for Xbox) - as a tool that provides the path to console-specific optimisations that PC simply cannot get."

It's so optimized and with so much DX12 built into you can't even call it the same processor anymore. It's tailored specifically to run games on DX12 and not much else.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@TheDarkGreninja According to DF:

"The bottom line is that Scorpio's six teraflops will almost certainly go a lot further than an equivalent PC part. I asked Microsoft about this specifically, and they raise a number of good arguments that make the case strongly. Firstly, that their shader compiler is far more efficient than PC equivalents (think of shaders as native GPU code). Secondly, addressing the hardware directly via their API and with access to console-specific GPU extensions again adds to the advantage of a fixed platform box. And finally, they point to their optimisation software - PIX (Performance Investigator for Xbox) - as a tool that provides the path to console-specific optimisations that PC simply cannot get."

It's so optimized and with so much DX12 built into you can't even call it the same processor anymore. It's tailored specifically to run games on DX12 and not much else.

It should run games on Vulkan fine since it's Polaris. Game's that don't run DX12 might not get the most optimisations but in the end, an x86 machine is the same as any other x86 machine, probably PR fluff mostly.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You got me interested, I forgot that Shenmue II was on XBOG.
Well, but that should still work even on my XB1S (so no reason to upgrade).

Yeah that's why I got excited about it too as I'm not going for the upgrade. There is still Jade Empire and KOTOR which for some reason I still didn't dive into but not sure if I should just get those from gog.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
still i think they are trying to turn the xbox into a pc and make every xbox gamer move into windows gamer wich will kill the console imo, i mean its 500 with zero exculsive games except you get some 4k games for free remenber he said afew for free? will this mean in the future you will pay 70$ for the game and then you need to pay more for a 4k patch? i can see this hapening since he said the word free on some devs lol.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel like the first run of japanese Dreamcasts had a phase-change cooling system, so probably some "console crowd (I assume this is some bullshit PC-nerd elitist snobbery)" do know about it, 'cause I did. There's heat pipes in some of the phat 360s too, leading from main GPU heatsink to a secondary sink positioned near the front of the unit.

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude. I'm a student. Sure it's not much if you have a job, but you don't understand my situation.
For example I want to play 2 new games each year > 70$+70$ = 140$ and boom :) now I have to pay another 60$ just to play online :) ridiculous.
Now imagine I would have a Sony console and a Microsoft console = 100$ each year JUST to play online. Dude this is too much.

Just do all your internet searches with Bing, and your bing reward points will pay for it.. free!
I easily earn enough bing reward points to pay for two xbox gold accounts for a year..

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Games>Picture Quality>Pixels

You can have all the pixels you want a shit picture is shit.
HDR doesn't even have a standard yet with companies battle for dominant format and is a big mess.
(It's like the companies that were battling for dominant disc format with blueray and hd dvd. Blueray winning.)
So HDR isn't sorted out yet and it gives this fake picture look.
Many TV's can't do HDR properly and doesn't cover the full color space gamut for rec 2020.

Right now I'm sticking with 1080p. And since newer tv's can cover the full gamut of rec 709.
I'll wait till HDR tv's get better.

Last edited by SG854,

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded