Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
51wb4ik.jpg
It's been a while since the Xbox One was released, but it was only made available in a few select countries, much to the dismay of gamers from other regions. Microsoft has announced that this September, the system will make its way to 26 new markets, and these are:​
  • Argentina
  • Belgium
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • India
  • Israel
  • Japan
  • Korea
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Russia
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • South Africa
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Turkey
  • UAE
What can I say - better late then never. From September onwards, the next generation enters full swing and there will be no more excuses. I'm excited to see what the Xbox One launch figures will be in these new regions. Can the system still catch up to the PlayStation 4? Only time will tell.

:arrow: Source (xbox.com)

Reactions: osirisjem

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
For some inexplicable reason, I just don't see this launch impacting Xbox One sales in any significant way. Maybe it's because some of those countries, primarily (if not exclusively) Japan, aren't known for being fans of Microsoft game systems. At all.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For some inexplicable reason, I just don't see this launch impacting Xbox One sales in any significant way. Maybe it's because some of those countries, primarily (if not exclusively) Japan, aren't known for being fans of Microsoft game systems. At all.
Although for the most part Sony has Europe by the balls at this point, countries like Russia can be huge game-changers. There's an estimated 38 million active gamers out there and they want to get a taste of the next generation too. I don't think anything is set in stone yet, it's only been a couple months since the two systems kicked off.
It's spelt Xbox One not XBox One.
I've seen it spelled with all caps (on the box of the system, actually), I've seen it spelled "Xbox One" and I've seen it spelled "XBox One", it's same difference, but I can change that if it bothers you. I've always spelled it "XBox", just like I've always spelled "PlayStation" in the stylized way.

EDIT: Aaaand done. :)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Haha I sincerely hope that you don't actually care about a single capital letter

Anyways, as for the news. I dunno, thats a bit ridiculous of a delay to get to those other regions for a new console, nearly a full year. Ah well, these are probably regions where their sales have far less of an impact than the regions its already out for.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anyways, as for the news. I dunno, thats a bit ridiculous of a delay to get to those other regions for a new console, nearly a full year. Ah well, these are probably regions where their sales have far less of an impact than the regions its already out for.
Yeah, I would assume that the decision to stall in those countries was made on the basis of the past performance of their previous systems. That said, I didn't think it was a responsible move then and I don't think it was a responsible move now - just because your previous system didn't sell great doesn't mean that your new one won't. It could've been caused by some Xbox Live infrastructure issues or maybe it was a matter of logistics - who knows? Either way, those countries apparently weren't a priority at the time.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"We came as soon as we felt like it!"

Better late than never, I guess, but I don't know. It just feels like Xbox forgot what "console exclusivity" meant for a while there.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I would assume that the decision to stall in those countries was made on the basis of the past performance of their previous systems. That said, I didn't think it was a responsible move then and I don't think was a responsible move now - just because your previous system didn't sell great doesn't mean that your new one won't. It could've been caused by some Xbox Live infrastructure issues or maybe it was a matter of logistics - who knows? Either way, those countries apparently weren't a priority at the time.

true, and by delaying the console at the start of this gen, you pretty much doom history to repeat itself. Anyone that was keen on getting an XBone at this point in those regions will probably just "settle" on a PS4 since its already available and capable of essentially the same stuff, often at better resolution, and at a cheaper price.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"We came as soon as we felt like it!"

Better late than never, I guess, but I don't know. It just feels like Xbox forgot what "console exclusivity" meant for a while there.
Essentially they have to build up the launch hype for the second time in those areas now. There's a crowd of people who buy electronics because "they're the next big thing on the market", it's this magical aura of a launch that's either there and all goes well... or... it isn't.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland

Maybe that's why they postponed launch on those countries as they knew they wouldn't sell that much anyway. Finland seems to be Sony territory, they even actually advertise here and translate all their games! Even that shitty Ratchet & Clank game on mobile was completely finnish. Everyone who actually wants Xbone already got it as many online stores import them.

Now that I think about it wasn't Xbone marketing more like "you can watch TV and football with it!" so that only US customers would take whole advantage of the console?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I think about it wasn't Xbone marketing more like "you can watch TV and football with it!" so that only US customers would take whole advantage of the console?

Yeah marketing was pretty poor. They tried to make it seem like it was something for everyone, but in doing so, the gaming experience took the backseat, and frankly it didn't look like that exciting of a way to play video games. Which is what the thing should be about first and foremost.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
With a big asterix saying "service available only in select territories and after purchasing a special add-on" - the core system doesn't have enhanced TV functionality, although it does accept HDMI signal.

Arab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can say that the Xbox one has already been in Isreal since its release date. Oh and it is EXPENSIVE here. It is like 4500 shiekel here that makes it about 1500 us dollars for an xbox one.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
well ms can already give up on european market, year delay is a joke, they're already behind on sales, by the time they'll launch sony will own those markets.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can say that the Xbox one has already been in Isreal since its release date. Oh and it is EXPENSIVE here. It is like 4500 shiekel here that makes it about 1500 us dollars for an xbox one.

It's probably imported from other countries and resold. Once there's an official release the price will be... mildly reasonable.

Japan's a pretty big name there, everyone thought Microsoft gave up on the Japanese market after how poorly the Xbox 360 did there but hey, third time's a charm?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Microsoft secured Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy on their system, so perhaps the Japanese audience will overcome their insecurities in terms of western hardware and give the Xbox One a chance, but I doubt it will get substantial support there unless they change their attitude towards Japanese developers and start to seriously pander to them in order to build a library of weeaboo titles.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, Wonderflick by Level-5 is coming to the Xbone in Japan (since it doesn't have a worldwide release date.. yet).

Microsoft was a majestic asshole towards Level-5, they had them develop an RPG/Animal Crossing hybrid for the original Xbox only to cancel it after they refused to shoehorn mandatory online features that would alter the game detrimentally and immensely... The irony being that they cancelled the whole online service for Xbox anyways one year later.
I suspect they had to go to great lengths to secure L-5 again... since they spectacularly burnt the bridges earlier.

However, either for M$'s Japan exclusives, or launch for those countries...
Too little, too late.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You find the weirdest things to pick at.

Microsoft secured Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy on their system, so perhaps the Japanese audience will overcome their insecurities in terms of western hardware and give the Xbox One a chance, but I doubt it will get substantial support there unless they change their attitude towards Japanese developers and start to seriously pander to them in order to build a library of weeaboo titles.
I don't think it will do much since both are also on the PS4, which has both fanbases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.