"Xbox One S" image leaks surface

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by endoverend, Jun 13, 2016.

1. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Ha.
    The xbox name is not confusing at all. The dang wii, wii u, lol.

But s just mean slim like the ps3 slim. Does the same and works the same just smaller

2. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Wait, wouldn't an internal power supply unit make the console bigger and cause higher internal temperatures? Why would they want to do that?

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It wouldn't make internal temperature higher if your cooling system isn't designed by a 5-year old. The PS4 launched with an internal PSU and it was still smaller than the Xbox One despite sporting more powerful hardware. You'd want an internal power supply because having an external one is a massive chore. Nobody builds a PC with the PSU hanging out on the side, I've never seen a TV or a BluRay player with an external PSU, literally no entertainment device I can think of uses them anymore. This simplifies cable logistics significantly. Both the XBO and the PS4 use low-power components, they're not "hot" anyways.

4. Slasher115

Slasher115 Shizuo Heiwajima

Jan 24, 2014
    Ikebukuro
    So basically if you already have a one, just keep what youve got

5. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    It's ......beautiful!!!!!! I LOVE white devices! Damn, Microsoft, you get mad props for this one...

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I have to say, it does look good. Considerably less like a VCR, but to be fair, I kind of warmed up to the original XBO design over time anyways.

Tomato Hentai and zoogie like this.
  7. GoodCookie88

GoodCookie88 rekt em skrubs

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    Oh look another console I wont be getting :P

8. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    At least they didn't stick with "Xbox One-Two".

9. GoodCookie88

GoodCookie88 rekt em skrubs

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    That would honestly be a dumb name

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  10. Feeling it!

Feeling it! Pure Logical Feels.

Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    Running.
    3 Years since the xbox one was released? Damn I am dying quickly.

11. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    the is is for Sheep. There should be at-least a 4 TB Drive....

12. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Honestly, it was pretty disapointing to me how the original Xbox One couldn't actually be oriented vertically. So this new model being smaller and being able to do that is a design win.

Would have been more impressive with a full-fat SSD, but I get why it would be a hard drive still. I'd hate to imagine the MSRP with a factory SSD in the thing; let alone the amount of data shuffling having to be done.

Also noting it only mentions 4K regarding video; so no, these mid-console refreshes from Sony and Microsoft are not going to be outputting any games at 4K. Even AMD is smart enough not to imply such a thing with the RX 480.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

There is a tool floating around out there that would let you setup the partitioning for replacing the internal hard drive of an Xbox One to work. Essentially you could even clone from your original one to it. The non-user-accessible partitions need about 100GB of storage, but the utility's able to operate with up to a 4TB hard drive, since apparently that's what the internal controller is limited to.

If you're that desperate for storage, go do that.

13. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Any infos about upgraded graphical capabilities?

14. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Looks neato, but I don't see any reason to buy an Xbone. All the games I want come to PC anyway. I stopped giving a fuck about Halo, after Halo 2.

15. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    reason why the old xbone was so big and ugly was because it was half fan, kind of to avoid red-ring-of-death level of overheating

16. endoverend
    OP

endoverend AKA zooksman

GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    No, the rumor says it can play 4K videos but it says nothing about playing games in 4K. We'll see at the conference tomorrow.

17. Fun_Zephyr

Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2008
    Victoria
    Does this mean the PS4 cooling was made by a 5 year old...? Not saying it doesn't keep it cool but damn - that fan on it gets so damn loud it isn't funny.. And doesn't take lone either. It is one of the reasons I really don't like playing the PS4 (along with pathetic battery life on the controller) - the fan noise is so off putting.

It doesn't take long playing a game before that rocket engine fan seems to be at full tilt. And yes, I have the PS4 on top of a cabinet with complete and free aeration

On the other hand - my XBOX ONE is inside the cabinet - with breathing room - and I barely ever hear that, quieter than a mouse... Even on a night playing with no sound anywhere. I only hope this new model is just as quiet as I am digging the smaller unit with a 2Tb HDD.

Never bothered me having the power supply on the outside - I move my xbox between two rooms... I simply purchased a 2nd power supply. Yes, would have been nice to have only needing to purchase a 2 prong power lead like the PS4 - but again: if internal power equates to a more noisy unit due to the fan needing to work harder to keep the unit cooler, I will buy a 2nd power supply any other day of the week

What makes for the better gaming experience is not hearing such a loud fan... And as already stated, my current XBOX ONE is as quiet as a mouse even after hours of game play

Last edited by Fun_Zephyr, Jun 13, 2016
  18. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Noooooo Microsoft !!! Why the hell would you even listen to most users about needing an internal power supply ? That's the dumbest mistake ever. You even see a lot of users reporting overheating issue's with their ps4 thanks to an internal power supply and also the reason YLOD happened with ps3's.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It does, ps4's get hot and that's a fact. A lot of people still to this day reporting issue's that is caused thanks to overheating. Hard disk failing, blu ray drive failing, psu failing. Also a pc case is big and open and thanks to that can offer a good airflow where a console the airflow is minimal since everything is packed together. It's clear you don't know much about building a pc.

19. Pluupy

Pluupy Woof!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    With the amount of people who have trouble with console names, a lot of people are going to need holes drilled into their head.

20. AlanWeird

AlanWeird GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2011
    Scotland
    Oh shut the fuck up.

Find a 2.5 inch 4tb drive. Go on.

You'll find only 3.5 inch 4tb drives exist. And do any MODERN consoles use those?