chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rosetta-stone-logo.png

Well here's an interesting app development on Xbox One.

Rosetta Stone, popular language learning software giant, has just announced an App that has already been released on the Xbox One, designed to help teach you basic English and Spanish!

Rosetta Stone’s new application teaches English and Spanish by way of immersive simulation. Virtual travel experiences teach you the vocabulary and grammar necessary for real-world interactions. So before you book a flight to a foreign destination, grab your controller.

How does it work?

You’ll explore several locations in the Discovery Zone and chat with the characters you find there. In the Training Zone, you’ll solidify the concepts you encountered with study recommendations, cultural tips, phrase books, and of course, more games! Keep track of your achievements, and keep practicing until you get a perfect score.

:arrow:SOURCE

This is really interesting App development that I would love to see taken further in the future! It'll be especially comprehensive if it takes advantage of the Kinect to recognize dialect and pronunciation.

I'll be demo'ing it out sometime in the future, I'll let you know if I need to take a college Spanish course or not:P

Reactions: T-hug and Xabring

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Just as a heads up, Rosetta Stone is balls at recognizing pronunciation. You can just gargle, and as long as that inhuman sound you're making is on the same wavelength, it will think you're a language prodigy.

Reactions: Trevor Belmont

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'd like to see Rosetta Stone trashed with logic and evidence, if it is indeed based on unsound science.

I don't know if it is, but *if* it is, I'd like to see it debunked. It feels ripe for it somehow.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works for some people but not everyone, it doesnt need the kinect hardware either to do speech recognition

Siover-Tiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm learning Japanese for 2 years now with Rosetta Stone. It actually works for me. I can now speak easy sentences in Japanese and I know the basic grammer. So it actually works, at least me and I could be way farther, I had a 3-month stop last winter where I didn't do anything with the program. I can see where people see the flaws, though.

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
If you want to learn a language there are better options out there than Rosetta Stone.

Like actually going to the place they speak the language, or going to a school where they speak the language you want to learn as exercise. or many, many other options. sometimes free if lucky enough.

Reactions: Trevor Belmont
D

Deleted User

If you want to learn a language there are better options out there than Rosetta Stone.
Not only that, but better and free ones.

Duolingo or Memrise, for example.

That's pretty neat.
To bad I live in Europe where every 500km, another language pops up.

Man, Rosetta Stone sucks, anyways.
You'd probably be better off using Duolingo, since it has quite a few courses for European languages, and someone who's as bad as me when it comes to learning anything can do it pretty easily. They're probably gonna add more European language courses, too.
I also submitted a request to help work on the (currently nonexistent) Pig Latin course, just as a joke. Sorta. I'd bet you 50 shrekels any version of Rosetta Stone can't let you do that!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1