Gaming xbox one game sharing with a friend with me?

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a friend of mine has moved far away from me, and he wants to play the games I have on xbox one. so I decided to use this method to share my games with them :

My question is, would they get my credit card information this way and billing information this way?

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. They *might* be able to buy stuff with your account but I super highly doubt it. I can even check later today. Other than that your fine.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. They *might* be able to buy stuff with your account but I super highly doubt it. I can even check later today. Other than that your fine.
well if he buys stuff with my account, he will have to use his credit card. so at that point he is still using his money. thanks for fast reply

Reactions: Enovale

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would you log out from his xbox after giving him your account information?

I believe you have to keep your account on their Xbox for it to work. Just set it to require a password and change your current password and you should be fine

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ElijahZAwesome I tried sharing my games with him and he tried to share his games with me. and we do not see each others games. Here is the steps we did: 1. I made a new account for sharing
2. I gave him the account sign in and password to sign in on his xbox with my account. and he gave me his account in order to sign in using his account

and we do not see each others games. and we both have xbox games with gold accounts

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I log in his xbox and made it my home xbox, and he logged in to my account and made it his home xbox
Hard reset. Just did this with mine and my fiancees systems. At first the games didn't show, but after a cycle they were there.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard reset. Just did this with mine and my fiancees systems. At first the games didn't show, but after a cycle they were there.
so for hard reset, do you mean restart system? or is there a hard reset option in xbox one

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
uhm. dont quote me on this but i dont think you can share games both ways @Memoir

Doing it actually.

If you make the Xbox your home xbox, any account on that system can play your games. It's a good way to save money.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right now I am having a problem in that I am a little bit confused on who needs to sign where. what we did is I signed into his xbox account, and I asked him to make his xbox one be the home of the account. and then He logged into mine and asked me to make my xbox his home of the account. but the problem is we can not see each other games at all. I am guessing it could be because I am using my side account which has no gold subscription. but according to the videos I have seen. you do not need gold account unless you are the one who is sharing his games.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right now I am having a problem in that I am a little bit confused on who needs to sign where. what we did is I signed into his xbox account, and I asked him to make his xbox one be the home of the account. and then He logged into mine and asked me to make my xbox his home of the account. but the problem is we can not see each other games at all. I am guessing it could be because I am using my side account which has no gold subscription. but according to the videos I have seen. you do not need gold account unless you are the one who is sharing his games.
actually i think its because the one who is sharing the games should be the home xbox and the one whos getting the games should not be the home xbox, but i could be wrong since im not familiar with sharing both ways, only once way.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Your Xbox needs to be his account's home xbox. His Xbox needs to be your account's home xbox.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, we did that. but I still see my games in the ready to install section, and he sees his games in ready to install section. I do have a question though, if he has his friends account on his xbox, and he was able to get his friend's games. can he share those games with me since it is considered his games now and we are still connecting two xbox one only

Site & Scene News

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night