The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
"At E3 we announced the new Xbox LIVE dashboard which will deliver intuitive navigation, increased responsiveness and improved engagement with Xbox experiences – all beginning this holiday. Now that our work on the dashboard is almost complete, we are announcing an open call for all Xbox LIVE members to register to participate in a preview program to help us test the system. This is an important program as we continually strive to ensure the reliability of a service that reaches tens of millions globally. We could not do so without the ongoing help of our great community.
Once this program is kicked off, an update will be pushed to your console that will contain select dashboard features, including:
• New design for integrated Kinect and controller navigation
• New Beacons to play online with friends
• Deeper Facebook integration
• New Cloud Storage for Game Saves and Xbox LIVE Profile
Other features and entertainment partner apps may come into view during the program period.
Note: A console in the program is expected to remain fully compatible with standard retail consoles not in the program. (e.g. party chat will function)

For those familiar with previous registrations for our program, we have a new model for registering your consoles this year. The new model is a more automated process that should make it easier for you. We will not ask you to type in your console information upon initial registration; once you are approved to participate in the program, look for details on our portal about how to register your console.
Click here for the initial register for the Public Preview.
The latest information will be available to you via the www.connect.microsoft.com/xboxliveupdate program portal."
http://majornelson.c...review-program/

Go go go!!!

EDIT: I'm not sure how to wrap the text as if it were in the User Submitted news section.... I'm assuming it changed after the latest GBAtemp upgrade, no? If there's a new code for it please let me know ^_^

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Signed up all 6 of my Gamertags. XD

Nah, just signed up two. One for each of my Xbox 360's. My previous account was selected for the last Beta, which gives it a edge.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I would sign up just for this.
Then again the chances of me getting picked with a XBLSilver account is slim to none ;p

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

Then again the chances of me getting picked with a XBLSilver account is slim to none ;p
Is this coming from a bad past experience? I've never had any issues with getting "picked" for these Preview Programs. I'm really not even worried of getting accepted or not since it seems my friends and I ALWAYS get accepted each time we do these. I'm sure even if you have Silver you'll still get accepted though.... If not then oh well sorry!

I say sign up just for the hell of it anyway. It doesn't hurt in any way ^_^

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gold subscribers take priority over silver members
account in good standing
and have done previous beta previews for them

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Is this coming from a bad past experience? I've never had any issues with getting "picked" for these Preview Programs. I'm really not even worried of getting accepted or not since it seems my friends and I ALWAYS get accepted each time we do these. I'm sure even if you have Silver you'll still get accepted though.... If not then oh well sorry!

I say sign up just for the hell of it anyway. It doesn't hurt in any way ^_^

I could sign up ofc on my completely unflashed 360 (chances are that it will go RRoD as soon as it is downloading the update ;p)

gold subscribers take priority over silver members
account in good standing
and have done previous beta previews for them

Gold members pay for early demo/beta's of games, parties, online gaming, facebook & twitter and other social media and with that comes also a higher priority of getting picked indeed.

Nebz

The N00b
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
The Microsoft Connect site now tells you if you're in.

Travel to connect.microsoft.com and sign-in. Navigate through your announcements to hopefully find "Next Steps - as of 10/17/2011 and hopefully be greeted with the following message:

Last week we registered everyone into the Connect Site to get you "onboarded" to the program, but there are still several steps to go to get you fully up and running and we will be communicating that to you over the next week or so.
We still need to do the administrative work to get your GamerTag registered to the Private Forums and of course provide you with the instructions on how to register your Console(s). Those details are coming out very soon, until then, know that you are "IN" for the Fall 2011 Xbox LIVE Update Preview program and we are ecstatic to have you on board!

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. Can I tell others that I am in the Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program?

A. Yes, you can tell people you are in, but sharing specific information about the program is a violation of the program agreement.

Q. When do I register my console information?

A. Soon, we will provide the instructions on how to register your console as soon as our administrative steps are done on our side. Look for updates via this portal.

Q. I provided incorrect information in the registration survey, can I fix it?

A. We will provide you an opportunity to update critical information such as your GamerTag details (gets you access to the Private Forums) in the next day or so, all other information is used for analysis purposes on our end and should not impact your ability to participate in the program.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1