Gaming Xbox 360 worth it?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just have to say, holy crap. This is an old topic and somehow now people seem to want to bicker about a few key points here. I'll lay down my pros and cons for the console:

Pros:
- Easy to hack if someone wants to (OFW for me though so it's moot. Games are cheap as ****)
- Exclusives, both first and third party
- Fabulous controllers, both design and limited edition graphic sheets
- Cheap games used (as always) at this stage. Missed a game you want to play? Buy it used for only a few $$.
- Big game library in general
- HDMI >> scart or component (for ye Wii gamers)

Cons:
- Multiplayer requires Live (kinda moot as the next gen is coming and still requires Live, see the next point)
- Older games don't have players online anymore (same for all consoles)
- RRoD especially for older models (Dinoh already explained this)
- Next gen is just around the corner
- PS3 gamers won't get as much out of the consoles as, say, Wii gamers due to multiplat games.

Want my opinion? Buy the console if there are a few games you want to play. I've got quite a library of games (30-40) and the games didn't cost that much. Basically I got a LE console (+ 2 controllers) and about 30 high rated 360 games (first party and third party, in mint condition) for about the cost of a new Xbox One/PS4+100€. Very good value for the relatively low cost. If you want to go down the harr yarrdy yarr -route, you'll get it even cheaper.

TL;DR: If there are games you like, get the 360. Same goes for the PS3 and Wii too.

EDIT: ps. MS will not just suddenly stop using their automated systems on XBL. Using unpatched ISOs or using modded consoles will get you flagged. Getting flagged will get you banned. Don't get flagged and thus banned.

Reactions: DinohScene

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only reason I bought my 360 was to play high def shmup, super meat boy, and sonic generations and try online gaming. Aside from those games the 360 isn't so great in my eyes, but if you like 3rd person games its really cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here