Hardware Xbox 360 wireless controller issues

Jjbochan11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So, I recently got a hold of a wireless 360 controller and it won't sync with my console. My other controller syncs just fine which leads me to believe that the other controller is at fault here and not the console. I tried connecting it many times without any success (new batteries). The lights on the controller just circle around for a while, then stop and all 4 of them continue to blink at even intervals.

What could be the issue here? Could it be the RF transmitter in the gamepad? I'm no expert, but I could probably get in there and change it if I knew what I was looking for lol. Any ideas?

Jjbochan11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is the controller pre-owned?

Yes, it is.

If you got a play and charge cable, you could try and syncing it that way.
Otherwise it is a problem with the RF board in the controller yep.

Would a new RF board be easy to get a hold of? What should I look for inside the controller? Unfortunately, I don't have a play and charge cable, but if I might look into it.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
360 controllers were never the most fun to open up… That's one of the major drawbacks to used controllers; someone usually gave them up for a reason.

Jjbochan11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
360 controllers were never the most fun to open up… That's one of the major drawbacks to used controllers; someone usually gave them up for a reason.

I want to fix this controller just for the sake of it. I basically got it for free and can always get a new one. Anyway, I've opened up a few 360 controllers for cleaning/painting before, so that shouldn't be a problem. That being said, I'm not an expert so I'm looking for some guidelines in case anyone else has dealt with this before. I have some basic soldering skills so I should do ok at changing the faulty module. I just don't know what to look for lol.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Would a new RF board be easy to get a hold of? What should I look for inside the controller? Unfortunately, I don't have a play and charge cable, but if I might look into it.

It's integrated onto the main PCB, you won't be able to replace it.
It's either a whole new PCB for the controller or new controller itself.

Jjbochan11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's integrated onto the main PCB, you won't be able to replace it.
It's either a whole new PCB for the controller or new controller itself.

Ah, I see, thanks for the info! Dumb question, but isn't the play and charge cable supposed to charge the battery while the controller still connects wirelessly to the console?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see, thanks for the info! Dumb question, but isn't the play and charge cable supposed to charge the battery while the controller still connects wirelessly to the console?

When using the cable the controller connects directly to the console. It doesn't rely on the wireless connection.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
When using the cable the controller connects directly to the console. It doesn't rely on the wireless connection.

it does.
It receives power from the console and a signal to connect it to said console.
I believe...
I've read it somewhere, otherwise you can use Play and charge kits to play on PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Being broke is no fun.